That new '14 doe... - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on That new '14 doe... within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by IllRex Well, Its been -8F the past few mornings when I've gotten up to go to work ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by IllRex View Post
    Well, Its been -8F the past few mornings when I've gotten up to go to work and warmed the car up, and driven through the snow and ice 5 miles to work every morning and been totally okay. On the freeway in traffic, in snow at -8F. With traction control on of course.
    Wow, man I really think you are playing with destiny at this point. I sincerly hope nothing happens to you or your new car. What you are doing isn't safe, you are basically driving around on bald tires. Summers lose traction at under 40 degrees F and you are far far below that.

Be safe and good luck. I feel like we've warned you as much as we can.
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hope you stay as lucky as you've been so far. I hope you don't post a thread soon about wrecking.

Well the point is of course your own safety but as much as your life you are a creating a danger for others as well don't forget! accident doesn't say it is coming!

So, Ive had the car for about 3 weeks now, put on 1000 glorious miles, and worked on a few small modifications. Love the car, breaking in nicely. The snow is thawed, so for everyone up there its fine on pavement. Honestly I don't think people give the car enough credit for snow, no matter what shoes. As long as the driver is used to driving in snow and comfortable giving enough space and driving safely, its acceptable to drive on snow for a few days a few times during the season. My town honestly takes care of the snow very fast, and salt the road constantly. Probably washed her 8 times so far. Hate seeing that snow/salt all over her.
    Anyway, heres some pictures. Bomb car, never going back.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-1.jpeg 
Views:	85 
Size:	114.8 KB 
ID:	128377

Name:	image-2.jpeg 
Views:	87 
Size:	115.1 KB 
ID:	128385

Name:	image-3.jpeg 
Views:	86 
Size:	100.2 KB 
ID:	128393

Name:	image-4.jpeg 
Views:	85 
Size:	103.2 KB 
ID:	128401
    Now I have this blasted "snapshot discount thing", because I don't want to pay $486 a month for much longer...
    Last edited by IllRex; 12-27-2013 at 08:49 PM.

that thing can work against u

Yeah, its doing that now. I am fighting the urge to start letting the pedal down.

yeah better off doing a LoJack, passive alarm and looking into whatever other discounts they offer

have a kid, get married... save a fortune when u bundle your home owners with it lol

So, Ive had the car for about 3 weeks now, put on 1000 glorious miles, and worked on a few small modifications. Love the car, breaking in nicely. The snow is thawed, so for everyone up there its fine on pavement. Honestly I don't think people give the car enough credit for snow, no matter what shoes. As long as the driver is used to driving in snow and comfortable giving enough space and driving safely, its acceptable to drive on snow for a few days a few times during the season. My town honestly takes care of the snow very fast, and salt the road constantly. Probably washed her 8 times so far. Hate seeing that snow/salt all over her.
    Anyway, heres some pictures. Bomb car, never going back.

It doesn't matter what wheels drive the car. AWD/4WD doesn't help a car stop any quicker or turn any better than a FWD/RWD car. The only advantage it gives is in getting started. I have a 2013 WRX and the first thing I did when it started getting colder out was swap the winter tires off of my M3 and onto a set of wheels for the WRX. Matter of fact, two winters ago I was driving the M3 to work(on snow tires) and saw an SUV come flying past me on the highway. No more than a mile up the road that same SUV was stranded on the right side of the highway, stuck in fairly deep snow. People on here are only cautioning you because they don't want to see you end up in the same predicament. Either way it's your car, so do what you want, but I just hope you don't get into an accident and hurt somebody else in the process. Enjoy the car.

Welcome from another AZ WRX owner. Have to go to Pinetop in 2 weeks, little worried about the snow.

I Support ClubWRX
    did you an HID retrofit or just plug n play kit?
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

so no one is going to comment on the fact that he has a picture showing that he was going 140 mph and that it was before 1000 miles.

subaru manual 11-2 breaking in: "... and take the car up to 120-140mph before reaching the 1000 mile odo to properly seat the pistons."

naw, its fine, but OP did you do that on the summer tires in -8F?

Quote Originally Posted by Amg14 View Post
    so no one is going to comment on the fact that he has a picture showing that he was going 140 mph and that it was before 1000 miles.

subaru manual 11-2 breaking in: "... and take the car up to 120-140mph before reaching the 1000 mile odo to properly seat the pistons."

naw, its fine, but OP did you do that on the summer tires in -8F?
    The 140mph is right about 1500 miles, 14** so it has had some time. And no it was not in Flagstaff, it was in Las Vegas in nice weather... I don't have a death wish. Listen everyone giving me hard time about the snow tires, Flagstaff gets a couple of feet of snow a year in town, its usually cleared up within a few days, and for the most part, hours. I dont feel the need to invest in another set just because it has to go through a little snow once in a while during winter. Its beautiful today, close to 60 degrees and sunny. Completely dry roads. That is the condition 99% of the time, so everyone needs to relax and stop saying I'm going to kill people and wreck my car. Jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by cflip2x View Post
    did you an HID retrofit or just plug n play kit?
    Just a plug and play kit. 8K.

New member, just joined and purchased my first subie. Lovin it. Figured I would say hello, and show you the baby.

^^ Those pics must have been taken during the 1 time it snowed this year. Roads look well groomed and cleared off as well...

Taking a picture of your speedo @ 140 mph, now that's just brilliant.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast