new and ordering a 2014 wrx and have questions

This is a discussion on new and ordering a 2014 wrx and have questions within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys, my name is jeff. I am from oak hill wv and am going to order a new wrx. ...

new and ordering a 2014 wrx and have questions

Hey guys, my name is jeff. I am from oak hill wv and am going to order a new wrx. I am a Camaro man all the way. I have owned several Camaros of all generation except the first and last. I test drove a 2012 Camaro with 16,000 miles on it the other day and was so disappointed in the ride, performance and blind spots. I have a 93 6 speed that I feel pulls harder than the new 6 speed. I also have a 92 Subaru SVX that my wife drives. She loves that car, it goes like a tank. Before that we had a 87 XT turbo that also went like a tank. I want to ask you guys what you would order. I think I am going for the base, not the premium or limited because I don't want heated seats or leather. I do want the boost gauge, heat shield, short throw shifter and bushing, and I saw a review video that they had dealer installed spt exhaust that sounded great and sway bars. What would you guys order or do I need to put this somewhere else? Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I got the SPT and I am happy with it though you can get an INVIDA Q300 for the same price if not less. As for bushings I would go with kartboy and get a short throw from them (easy enough to install). Though I got the short throw option and it doesnt bother me. Dont bother with the heat shield for now, I installed my own set of boost and oil pressure gauges with an SMY cluster and feel it looks better then the SPT option. IF you are getting a base I would just get the arm rest extension after that you can go aftermarket for the rest.
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Hey cflip, do you have pics of those gauges? I just looked at your pics and love those gauges. What all did you have done to get the 272 hp 299 torque to the wheels on that dyno run? I love how much there is out there for this car and how tunable it is.

I didn't think you could order 2014s anymore.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Well, if he finds one or decides to buy used, I would order a base and buy everything aftermarket. The fog lights I've heard are useless and I don't like leather or moon roofs. You asked what *I would do lol.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    I didn't think you could order 2014s anymore.
    ^This, I think special ordering has been closed by Subaru.
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

No, I can order one but it would take 6 months to get it. So, I bought a "gotta get it green" 5.0 mustang GT today. Man that car will just plain rape a 5th gen ss Camaro.

"I want a WRX, so I bought a Mustang GT"
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    "I want a WRX, so I bought a Mustang GT"
    Paging Dr. Brostang Anthony
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!