Wrx 03 stage 2 ... Help
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Wrx 03 stage 2 ... Help within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well , previously I posted that I was putting some parts I got from eBay in my bugeye, and I ...

Wrx 03 stage 2 ... Help

Well , previously I posted that I was putting some parts I got from eBay in my bugeye, and I got a lot of feedback saying all my parts were worthless and so on. Well I listen to some of the members and I sold them. On top
    Of that I messed up my engine and I got an other ej205 with less than 50k miles on it also as Well I got the money back from my parts and I put the cat back exhaust from cobb + the cobb af air box + uppipe + and tune it. Now my clutch is giving up on me and I will like to know of I should get a stage 2 or 3 clutch kit for my subi? Please help?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by najarcitox View Post
    Well , previously I posted that I was putting some parts I got from eBay in my bugeye, and I got a lot of feedback saying all my parts were worthless and so on. Well I listen to some of the members and I sold them. On top
    Of that I messed up my engine and I got an other ej205 with less than 50k miles on it also as Well I got the money back from my parts and I put the cat back exhaust from cobb + the cobb af air box + uppipe + and tune it. Now my clutch is giving up on me and I will like to know of I should get a stage 2 or 3 clutch kit for my subi? Please help?
    unless you are planning on going alot further with your mods, a stock replacement clutch would be fine as long as you don't beat the crap out of it.

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    You should get an oem replacement. Most choose Exedy

Stage 2 or 3 clutch is way overkill with the mods you have

Also your title says stage 2. Are you running a stage 2 map with those mods? If so you shouldn't be

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

I Support ClubWRX
    Also note that the flywheel is considered a wear item, and Subaru does not specify a tolerance to which the flywheel can be resurfaced (i.e. Subaru believes it should just be replaced). There are shops that will resurface it for you, but the OEM Exedy clutch and flywheel combo are so cheap, it's best to just do it right as Subaru intended. Parts costs should be around $4-500. I was fortunate enough to have the dealer replace mine at cost (my dealer is awesome), so it was $600 out the door for all Subaru OEM parts and labor.

You want an OEM clutch because for one thing, a stock clutch can easily handle Stage II power levels, and secondly, replacing a worn clutch is far cheaper than replacing a broken transmission, so I'd rather the clutch was the weakest link in the drivetrain.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

Yes I am running a stage 2 map on the car. I was told by the mechanic that a stage 3 will be good but the price with everything will be 580.

I Support ClubWRX
    Yes I am running a stage 2 map on the car. I was told by the mechanic that a stage 3 will be good but the price with everything will be 580.
    We aren't talking about the map. We are talking about the clutch. You don't need a stage 2 or 3 clutch.

I Support ClubWRX
    You're mechanic does not know what he's talking about. Stick with the oem Clutch and you'll be fine with the stage your currently at.

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    We aren't talking about the map. We are talking about the clutch. You don't need a stage 2 or 3 clutch.
    He was responding to wrxtreme.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wreckingball man View Post
    He was responding to wrxtreme.
    Ah yes you are right. I didn't realize we had already switched topics.

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Yes I am running a stage 2 map on the car.
    the mods you listed in your OP (catback, intake, uppipe) require a stage 1 map. the only time you should run stage 2 is if you have an aftermarket downpipe (unless you do have one and you just didnt mention it)

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.