Chains/Winter Driving Help Needed (SoCal) - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Chains/Winter Driving Help Needed (SoCal) within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Thanks everybody for the information. We have ordered chains for my wife's TSX and the WRX will stay home....

Thanks everybody for the information. We have ordered chains for my wife's TSX and the WRX will stay home.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Rmurphy_22 View Post
    Thanks everybody for the information. We have ordered chains for my wife's TSX and the WRX will stay home.
    Good call

The issue is not so much that AWD has better traction and MIGHT allow use of summer tires in winter. It's ONLY advantage is "up-hill", you don't get stuck as easily. EVERYTHING else is still the same as with any other drive system. FWD/RWD/AWD are all the very same when it comes to taking turns and/or stopping. Every car has brakes on all 4 corners, ABS notwithstanding. As stated by EJ it's surprisingly arrogant to "get by" on summers. You may be able to get from point A to B and not get stuck. But what if something get's in the way and you can't stop or get around it?! Like I said elsewhere: $700 for winters is a lot better than paying for a fender or bumper ... BTW, I'm in Colorado and have to strongly disagree with that above statement about "can get by, just drive careful", after all there's all those idiots out there...
    Now, the issue of the OP calls for taking the wife's car and have chains along. I can understand not wanting that expense right there and now.
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.