Proud new owner '12 WRX

This is a discussion on Proud new owner '12 WRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; G'day lads/ladettes... Bought a '12 WRX sedan stock standard in August and just had my eyes opened up to the ...

Proud new owner '12 WRX

G'day lads/ladettes... Bought a '12 WRX sedan stock standard in August and just had my eyes opened up to the online community in the past couple of weeks.
    Now I've finally started to get the ball rolling with some mods in mind, starting with a turboback exhaust kit (XForce. Performance Mufflers, Exhaust Systems & Accessories. Impreza WRX/STi Sedan 2011~)
    Basically (meaning zero) have no previous car modding/mechanical knowledge so any advice would be helpful, thanks!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	backview.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	172.2 KB 
ID:	125234Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1661.JPG 
Views:	47 
Size:	166.8 KB 
ID:	125242Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1664.JPG 
Views:	46 
Size:	177.4 KB 
ID:	125250

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Congratulations. My advice, research before you do anything and tune for everything.

You're going to need something to tune that exhaust with, in order to run it without damaging your engine. Cobb accessport, tactrix cable + e-tune, or professional dyno tune. Unfortunately, you can't just slap parts on a turbo charged car without having a proper tune.

I love the dark headlight housing on your car. I like it way better than the reflective housing that came with my 13 wrx.