Expectant WRX owner or leaser new to your forum
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Expectant WRX owner or leaser new to your forum within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just got smitten by the new 2015 WRX ...have recently driven a 2010 WRX and am excited at the prospect ...

Expectant WRX owner or leaser new to your forum

Just got smitten by the new 2015 WRX ...have recently driven a 2010 WRX and am excited at the prospect of a 15 .Couple of questions from the brain trust...do all WRX have a loud exhaust,the one I drove was 2 yrs old... may be music to your ears but was a little loud.Also do you have to buy the summer tires and then get some real snows instead of all seasons? I live in S jersey and it gets slippery 10 times a yr.
    Seriously want the car for reliable fun transportation.I probably will be the only person on this forum admitting I want the CVT...power seats and no mods.I can live with the looks but really look forward to the thrill of driving again.The test drive on the 2010 was remarkable what a car!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Hi!
    Your run-of-the-mill wrx will come with a rather quiet exhaust. It seems that most who get LOUD aftermarket exhausts on their DD, tend to swap it out for something less obnoxious.
    from what I've read, the 2015, like previous MYs, will come with summer performance tires, so a dedicated winter tire will be a must in Jersey. Remember.. Winter tire doesn't mean just ice and snow.. Temps below 50 will affect grip.. Not just forward traction.. But more importantly stopping, and cornering.
    IMO, if you want "reliable fun transportation" go with the 6MT.

:-)

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Welcome!

You can get away with a good AS if you are careful, but in my experience being careful in winter with a WRX takes away all the fun! That experience comes from less humid Alberta winters which might be different from what you guys experience.

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome from a fellow NJer

The 2010 you drove will feel pretty different than the 2015. Subaru has redesigned the driving feel of the car by adding rigidity throughout the entire body along with other changes. Those other changes I'm sure will help change the driving dynamic as well. Once final specs come out, it'll be interesting to see the total weight and distribution. So definitely test drive before purchase.

I think you're going to be pleased with the car though. The exhaust on my 2014 hatch is a bit loud. It's stock, but it's louder than a my previous car (2006 Honda Accord). Obviously it'll be louder than that, but it's actually quieter at highway speeds than the Accord was. Stock, you will not be bothered by it. It's a nice burble with the engine and it shouldn't annoy you or the neighbors.
    http://shiftinglanes.com
    '14 DGM WRX Limited Hatch
    I'm a build thread?
    Stink-eye Mob #49

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.