Took delivery of my WRX tonight

This is a discussion on Took delivery of my WRX tonight within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; It's my first brand new car, ordered it about 11 weeks ago, it's a 2014 DGM Impreza WRX. What's this ...

Took delivery of my WRX tonight

It's my first brand new car, ordered it about 11 weeks ago, it's a 2014 DGM Impreza WRX. What's this I'm hearing about breaking in the drive train for 1,000 miles?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	my subie.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	72.5 KB 
ID:	124890

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

She's a Bewt! Keep it out of boost for 1K Miles for proper engine break-in. It's in the manual!

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Yeah, just read the manual. It will have all of the info about what gas to use etc.

Congratulations!

I Support ClubWRX
    Congrats
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Thanks guys, I'm from the school of thought that believes that you should drive it hard from the beginning so the engine doesn't wind up being a pooch. I'm not going to be redlining it at every light, just driving it normal with some hard accelerating here and there. Different strokes for different folks though and not everyone will agree. Any recommendations on what hitch to get for this guy, I asked the dealer and they didn't have any but said I could get one anywhere and it wouldn't void my warranty. Just looking to add a "one up" brand bike rack so I don't have to throw the bikes in the back and possibly mess up the interior etc.
    Last edited by Shak180; 12-07-2013 at 03:03 PM.

Congrats man!
    2014 Subaru WRX
    COBB SF Intake l Catless Invidia N1 Race l Torqued Performance Stage 2 Tune
    Stink-Eye Mob #0022
    Build Thread
    First Mods, what to do and not to do

Quote Originally Posted by Shak180 View Post
    Thanks guys, I'm from the school of thought that believes that you should drive it hard from the beginning so the engine doesn't wind up being a pooch. I'm not going to be redlining it at every light, just driving it normal with some hard accelerating here and there. Different strokes for different folks though and not everyone will agree. Any recommendations on what hitch to get for this guy, I asked the dealer and they didn't have any but said I could get one anywhere and it wouldn't void my warranty. Just looking to add a "one up" brand bike rack so I don't have to throw the bikes in the back and possibly mess up the interior etc.
    You post a question about break in procedures you heard about. Everybody tells you Subaru identifies a break in procedure in the owners manual (which it does). Instead you choose to think that you and the dealer are smarter than the engineers who designed this engine. If you want to follow your own advice and ignore the others who are giving you the straight dope, then proceed at your own perils.

(BTW, your dealer doesn't know what he's talking about. And the dealer isn't the final word on warranty coverage...that belongs to SOA. I'd ask SOA before asking a dealer to confirm if you don't need to follow break in procedures that are in the manual...after all, their engineers wrote the manual, not the dealer.)