Long time Subaru owner from Buffalo NY
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Long time Subaru owner from Buffalo NY within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello guys, New to the forums but not to the brand. I just lost my beloved GC8 that I've had ...

Long time Subaru owner from Buffalo NY

Hello guys,

New to the forums but not to the brand. I just lost my beloved GC8 that I've had for 4 years. I'm here to be part of the amazing community, share my knowledge when needed and hopefully get the same in return. I'm also a S14 owner with a fully built KA-T in the works. My wife drives a 6speed '02 B15 Spec V. Hmm what else...oh yea, I'm on a hunt for a 2008+ WRX/STi!

Here's what I had

Here's what I'm building:

And the wife's car:

Last edited by Kamilitaryman; 12-13-2013 at 03:47 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    welcome! i first learned how to drive on my moms school bus yellow spec v

do you have a kouki or a zenki?

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Love the GC8's. Sorry to hear it's gone

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    welcome! i first learned how to drive on my moms school bus yellow spec v

do you have a kouki or a zenki?
    The Spec V is actually a really good car to learn on how to drive stick! The dual mass flywheel makes the shifts feel smoother compared to a springed clutch . I also like the cable shifter on these - it feels like the stick is "snaps" into place. They have massive wheel hop though!

And it's a Zenki

Quote Originally Posted by wreckingball man View Post
    Love the GC8's. Sorry to hear it's gone
    I loved them since I was a young kid watching WRC. I rebuilt the motor about 48k mi ago, had new struts and springs for about 12k mi. And I repainted it from Silver to Dark Gray Metallic. Now, I see it everyday I leave for work or go outside. It's depressing I have to sell it as a whole to someone looking to save it or use it as a parts car or part it out myself and use any $ I earned from the part out towards a down payment on a newer WRX/Sti. Either way, I'm going to miss it dearly It was such a fun car to drive.

Airbags didn't go off so the dash is good. Phew!

The front end is kinked to the side and in. It will require a lot of straightening The motor didn't overheat, turns over and runs! The radiator just cleared the timing belt covers during the crash and I was able to drive it home! I did lose my alternator & P/S as the rad support cut the belt.

Last edited by Kamilitaryman; 12-07-2013 at 11:57 AM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.