New owner from Michigan!

This is a discussion on New owner from Michigan! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Going to school at Michigan Tech University, up in the keweenaw peninsula of the UP in Michigan. I drove a ...

New owner from Michigan!

Going to school at Michigan Tech University, up in the keweenaw peninsula of the UP in Michigan. I drove a 97 honda prelude which i absolutely loved, and made a ton of friends in the area, many of which drive subarus. It seemed like a lot of places they could get to easily (back dirt roads, mud, snow) where i would either have to hop in my friend's forester XT or one of the many imprezas. A couple of them let me drive their cars, and although the shifting in them was not as nice and smooth as my prelude, they all felt pretty solid.

SO! i went home down state, and had arranged to meet somebody who wanted to trade me a 2003 WRX wagon for my prelude. I was heartbroken at the thought of losing the lude, which i spent many hours replacing ball joints, bearings, axles, brakes, everything (had 173k miles). but the good part! The guy needed money for legal reasons, so i got a great deal. My new 2003 WRX wagon does have a rebuilt title, but i was able to get it for my prelude plus $1750, and the wrx is about 100 miles away from 93k miles.

Going from my lowered Honda prelude, to a wrx wagon which is actually lifted on forester suspension is a huge difference. I traded VTEC for Turbo. Like any used car, it is not perfect, but with the low mileage i know it has a lot of life left in it, and have some big plans for it in the future. i've been deciding on my color scheme that i want to go with, the car is midnight black metallic, and i am going to get white coolant hoses, and some other white accent pieces. IMO it will look really nice once i get it how i want.

last but not least, the pictures!
    the prelude:

the subie:

Have enjoyed it for the few days i have owned it so far. i kind of like the lift on it, it just seems so capable, haven't found anything that has made it struggle yet, and i really like the grip from the AWD. The prelude and this are fun in their own ways, this is definitely more practical for my 10 hour drive to school and back

edit: also, i'm in the keweenaw car club, and i was the 10th subaru in the group (5 of them in the pic above) :P they called me the newbie (new+subie) haha
    Last edited by hurd.jason1; 12-03-2013 at 06:42 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome!
    2011 Wrx Limited Sedan Silver. Nameless muffler delete, Kartboy Short throw w/ cobb knob, Rally Armor mud flaps, 30% tint... Goodbye warranty Cobb AP v3 and Sf intake. Stink-eye mob #1993

thanks, this seems like a good community, i've got a lot to learn about my car

congrats from Grand Ledge MI
    Stink eye mob #682
    Money can't buy happiness. But it can buy race car parts.... that'll make me happy
    07 Mazda 3 S Touring 5 MT - SOLD
    12 Charger R/T Red pearl triple coat , wheels and tunes group - SOLD
    14 WRB WRX Hatch premium SPT STS, SPT CBE, SPT BG, Sub, RA Mudflaps,front plate delete, KB shifter bushings , Tic Pivot bushings , Enkei RPF1s 17x8

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome and enjoy the AWD in that snow
    -Noah

2009 Spark Silver Metallic Sedan - Stage 2+

Stink-Eye Mob #91

Help Me with My Build Thread : http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-sedan.html

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Welcome. I like the color choice lol.

Welcome from Grand Rapids, Nice wagon!