Proud new WRX owner!

This is a discussion on Proud new WRX owner! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey there, Had a 2003 350Z Touring for the past 2 years and for a while been thinking about getting ...

Proud new WRX owner!

Hey there,

Had a 2003 350Z Touring for the past 2 years and for a while been thinking about getting a new car. Between problems coming up, finicky weather in MD, and my 1yr old nephew the 350Z just wasnt an option anymore. Sooo I went to a local Subaru dealership just looking to get price ideas and they had a 2012 Black WRX on the lot, 27k miles, and Subaru certified. How could I possibly resist that. Sold my 350z, got the WRX, its been 3 days and all i can say is that I'm still in love. From the moment I heard the exhaust sound of the car pulling up, to when I got in the driver seat, to now, it's love. It's an unbelievably fun car and better yet its reliable and will last me for years. Any advice about what I should in terms of Cobb tune, or good intake choices, and such would be very welcome. I'm still trying to get my head around everything. Picture of my "Willow" below.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20131128_194321.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	230.3 KB 
ID:	124321

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome First Modifications - what to do and not to do

just make sure to do some research before buying any parts

do you know if the car has any mods or options like short throw or exhaust?

I would first look for a set of winter tires. Not sure how the weather is in MD but if it does get as bad as you say that might be my first thing.
    Last edited by cflip2x; 11-30-2013 at 03:52 PM.
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Congratulations. Glad you like it!

Welcome from a fellow marylander! Congrats on your purchase, it looks clean! And like others said, do your research before modding, these cars dont respond to mods as well as others and will need a tune. But the cobb accessport is a easy remedy for many mods. Also, there are a couple very good build/tuning shops for subarus very close by to you. IAG in westminister, and Agile auto in Bel Air. Both very good and reputible shops. I have dealt with both quite a few times. Do not be afriad to call and ask for assistance in modding, they are always happy to help!
    2011 WRB WRX hatchback---Stage 2
    Stink-Eye Mob #301
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ld-thread.html <----Build Thread

Welcome from another Marylander! Enjoy the ride.

@cflip2x - Thanks for the link, will be quite helpful. Car has no current mods or options, it was a leased vehicle previously so looks like the owner was weary about mods. MD has unpredictable weather, sometimes it gets bad then the next day it'll be perfect, so I'll definitely be getting winters, at the very least some all-seasons pretty soon.

@WRX-maniac - Thanks for the shop recommendations, that's one of the things I was going to ask. Even with my Z I only liked taking her in to reputable shop, like dealing with ppl who actually know about my car, so I'll be bookmarking those 2 shops.

I'll definitely be doing quite a bit of research before modding, I'll be starting small and working my way up at a reasonable pace. First off is just getting to know my new baby as she is now before adding the first mod.

Congratulations!
    JOE
    2013 WRX DGM
    Stink Eye Mob #82