Brand new!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Brand new! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello everyone, just created an account after lurking this week. After a string of unfortunate events a week ago, wrecked ...

Brand new!

Hello everyone, just created an account after lurking this week. After a string of unfortunate events a week ago, wrecked my 01 VR6 12v Jetta via large deer , I'm going to my local Subaru dealer to have them bring a '14 SWP WRX 5-door base. My plans before was a slightly used Evo X, but with student loans and my surprise need for a new car, the WRX seems to fit the bill. I know its not the Evo, but I'm pretty sure I'm making a good decision (yes, you can reassure me if you'd like ).

I do have pics of the Jetta damage (and deer!) if anyone is interested :P

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

welcome! beware the more loans the more money you do owe... high interest rate these days are a killer..

post the pic, i want to see the dmg that deer did...

Quote Originally Posted by theHULK View Post
    welcome! beware the more loans the more money you do owe... high interest rate these days are a killer..

post the pic, i want to see the dmg that deer did...
    Definitely, I was actually in the market to buy a car awhile back before my left brain kicked in and said "pay those loans downs with this large sum of money instead of race car". I paid my Sallie Mae debt down from a new car, to a set of TE37s.

Haha hang on and I'll get them off my phone. The outside doesn't look like a total, but hey...its a VW with 151k miles, they're likely to total the car from a shopping cart collision!

As requested..sorry if its too small or large...didn't check the size.
    I could have fixed it...but I really didn't feel like the hassle was worth the car. There are a bunch of little things that made the damage amount sky-rocket over the 80% threshold my insurance uses (German over-engineering FTW!).

:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20131123_011410.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	100.0 KB 
ID:	124297

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    Welcome
    Thank you

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Welcome, hope you like the wrx as much as I do mine.

I'm sure you will love it. Congrats. Sorry about the accident.
    2014 WRX Limited, 2013 BRZ, 2013 RAV4, 2003 MR2 Spyder, 2003 Highlander

Thanks guys, I liked yours wreck, especially with the rpf1s.

And the accident was just one of those unexpected, unfortunate events. Scared the pee out of my girlfriend though. The deer popped out of the woods a mile from her house when I took her to let her get something so we could go back out. Well, after I hit the deer and got out to look at the damage/take pics, I got by in the car and looked at her and said "you know you owe me a 10 second car, right?"

I waited so long to use that line... Haha and it helped her go from fear to dying laughing.

Well guys I got my 2014 SWP WRX hatch yesterday! Embarrassingly enough I pulled up to a stoplight and a white Hawkeye STi pulled up afterwards...then I stalled it haha! I'm still getting used to the clutch but I really love the car. I'll post pics when I get home from work.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.