New 2013 WRX

This is a discussion on New 2013 WRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey Guys, I bought my Wife a Forester XT earlier in the year and I liked it so much I ...

New 2013 WRX

Hey Guys,
    I bought my Wife a Forester XT earlier in the year and I liked it so much I wanted to get a WRX. I got a 2013 premium Pearl White CPO with 3800 miles. It had the SPT exhaust and an STI shortshifter that was installed at the dealer so the warranty is good. It also has the red LED accent kit from Subaru(Adds 5+hp ). So far it is a fun little car to drive. I owned an S60R and an Audi S4 in the last couple of years and this car has less power than both, but is definitely more fun to drive. I think I'm starting to like smaller cars better than bigger ones (it weighs 700 lbs less than the S4 and R). I really wish the WRX had the 335 HP of the Supercharged S4 but at 1/2 the price I can't really complain. Also (according to Motortrend) It will do 0-60 in 4.7 secs if I'm willing to clutch drop at 5000 RPM (which I'm not). Anyways just wanted to introduce myself.

-AB

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome!

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome and congrats from NJ

Also, nice handle.

http://shiftinglanes.com
    '14 DGM WRX Limited Hatch
    I'm a build thread?
    Stink-eye Mob #49

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    ^LoL. Welcome, glad you're enjoying your new cars!

Love the Pic ShiftingLanes! lol

I sold my S4 and my S60R. I tend to switch cars around a lot.

Here is where the username comes from:

I thought it was an appropriate name for my Raptor.

Hello fellow Los Alamos'ian! Welcome. If you see a pearl white hatch with tinted windows in town, its just me.

Nice! Sounds like we are going to have matching cars. My windows aren't tinted yet but they will be on the 6th.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryBird View Post
    Hey Guys,
    I bought my Wife a Forester XT earlier in the year and I liked it so much I wanted to get a WRX. I got a 2013 premium Pearl White CPO with 3800 miles. It had the SPT exhaust and an STI shortshifter that was installed at the dealer so the warranty is good. It also has the red LED accent kit from Subaru(Adds 5+hp ). So far it is a fun little car to drive. I owned an S60R and an Audi S4 in the last couple of years and this car has less power than both, but is definitely more fun to drive. I think I'm starting to like smaller cars better than bigger ones (it weighs 700 lbs less than the S4 and R). I really wish the WRX had the 335 HP of the Supercharged S4 but at 1/2 the price I can't really complain. Also (according to Motortrend) It will do 0-60 in 4.7 secs if I'm willing to clutch drop at 5000 RPM (which I'm not). Anyways just wanted to introduce myself.

-AB
    Nice buy! I'm looking into maybe getting a WRX sometime, I live in a snowy climate so the awd is ideal for me.

Yeah you will definitely need to use all weather tires. I tried to drive mine in the snow this week and it was pretty bad. My wife's Forester did great though. Only difference I can see is tires.
    I do my best proofreading right after hitting submit...

I Support ClubWRX
    They make a bigger difference than AWD. For example I'd take FWD with snows over AWD with summer any day.

At a minimum for light stuff get all weathers.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    They make a bigger difference than AWD. For example I'd take FWD with snows over AWD with summer any day.

At a minimum for light stuff get all weathers.
    Wow..that big a difference eh?

I agree. The R was worthless in the snow. Same with the S4. They both had high performance tires. I've heard that the rubber loses a lot of its pliability below 40*F with high performance tires. All weather tires have a different compound that allows them to remain soft in the colder weather.
    I do my best proofreading right after hitting submit...