new to the forums

This is a discussion on new to the forums within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; hey guys. alright so i'm new to forums in general. i've always gone to them for advice but never got ...

new to the forums

hey guys. alright so i'm new to forums in general. i've always gone to them for advice but never got involved. a lot of my buddies are a part of some forum, be it zilvia.net for the nismo heads, or whatever my honda friends are on. usually i can get by with just searching a problem my 2002 wrx is having, and chances are another subie guy has encountered the exact same problem. but now i'm at that point where vague descriptions are just not getting me by, and my poor bugeye is suffering. so here i am

well, my car is a 2002 platinum silver wrx with a stage 1 acn 91 tune. just simple mods like a short shifter, sf intake, and other stuff that ended up being replaced because of age. for the most part... stock. i want this one to be reliable and last me a while.
    before the wrx, i was into older toyotas and datsuns (still am). my first car was a 71' datsun 510 that i dropped an L20b into. flat top pistons, cam, 280zx 5 speed, and the typical budget 510 goodies. next was an 81' toyota ae71 corolla hard top with the only mod being a gt-s rear end for sweet skids. and then an 87' toyota cressida with a turbo 7m out of a supra and bc coilovers, which fell into my lap. my background is old japanese cars because they're simple, cheap...ish, and insanely fun to drive. plus you can't go wrong with 70-80's styling so why the wrx? i fell in love with the first bugeye i saw as a kid, and then used the sti in every need for speed game there after haha. later on i learned that, it just so happens that theyre fun, fast, reliable (ive had it for 3 years), and have a HUGE following. in my ownership ive learned damn near everything about the car, its history, the special models, parts, engines, the sought after goodies. and its taught me its ways. its a give and take relationship id say.
    so, im 21, navy, originally from california's inland empire but for now in pensacola FL, and am a chill guy who just loves the motoring culture.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Hi I am familiar with the IE in CA. I've haf two Zs, a Celica, two MR2s myself. There is WRX info in the link in my signature.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Welcome, sounds like you've had some cool rides in the past.