Recent WRX fan coming from a Scion tC!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Recent WRX fan coming from a Scion tC! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey whats up! Name's Justin and I've recently become more interested in the WRX and have been for awhile but ...

Recent WRX fan coming from a Scion tC!

Hey whats up! Name's Justin and I've recently become more interested in the WRX and have been for awhile but at the time my credit wasn't as good as I wanted it to be so I have a 2014 Scion tC and plan to build up my credit and then sell it in a few years for a wrx! I have heard alot of positive things about the wrx and Subaru in general. I'm a Toyota guy but if Toyota trusts Subaru enough to have them put their boxer engine in the FRS then I suppose I'll trust them also! I hear Subies are really reliable and that the wrx is a blast to drive! Although I don't have a wrx yet I figured I would check out this forum and soak up all the info I can and hopefully know alot more about the wrx so when I do get one I'll be pretty knowledge about it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the forum.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    Welcome to the forum.
    Thanks!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Justanothername View Post
    I'm a Toyota guy...
    Admitting it is the first step to recovery.

My father in law had a last-gen tC. It had the full TRD parts catalog installed. Pretty fun little car with the S/C kit. The best time I ran in it was a 15.5 quarter mile (drag racing noob), but he got it down into the 14s, I believe.

Welcome to the club!
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson

Haha I own a 2012 I bought brand new in August for 2012 and now I'm trying to sell for a 2014 WRX good luck to ya man!

My girlfriend's mom works at a dealership that deals with different car brands and I can get the family discount! So hopefully 10% off base price for a wrx!

Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
    Admitting it is the first step to recovery.

My father in law had a last-gen tC. It had the full TRD parts catalog installed. Pretty fun little car with the S/C kit. The best time I ran in it was a 15.5 quarter mile (drag racing noob), but he got it down into the 14s, I believe.

Welcome to the club!
    Yeah I only have the axelback trd exhaust on it for now but don't plan on doing much more since the tC isn't really built for speed, I guess if you have the time and money you could make it fast but not worth the hassle imo. What really turns me on to the wrx besides the hp/torque/turbo is the AWD, I live in a snowy climate so the awd is ideal for the winter.

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Welcome! Glad to have you.

Question for you wrx owners. Will I notice a huge difference between a wrx and tC in regards to HP/Torque? Right now I have 180hp and 173lbs of torque and I believe the wrx is 265 hp and 250lbs of torque or something like that. Now will the wrx "throw me back into the seat" when I floor it? Will I notice a significant difference when the HP is only 85 more? Does the turbo play a big factor also? I can see a huge difference between say the 180HP tC and a 420HP v8 Mustang but I really want that throws you back in your seat fun when you floor the wrx, will I get that experience? Haven't had time to test drive one yet and I apologize for my ignorance.

I Support ClubWRX
    You will notice a very large difference in power between those two cars. After break in, if you add a turboback exhaust and a stage 2 tune, which can be done for fairly cheap, you would get the "throw me back into the seat" feeling you are looking for. You would feel a huge difference even in stock form compared to the tC. I had a 2.5i before my STi and it was night and day as far as power comparison. That being said, our cars are not as quick in a straight line as a Mustang (not unless heavily modded anyway).

One thing to keep in mind is that the advertised 265 hp is not "wheel" horsepower. Wheel horsepower is the actual power that makes it to the wheels after all the engine/drivetrain loss. So if you are talking about your car having 180 WHP, then the difference to the stock form WRX won't be as drastic as you might think. Most cars are advertised such as this. The way you would know how much WHP a car would have is to put it on a dyno machine.

It's a big difference. My tC with intake catback and headers wasn't sh*t compared to the brand new (not broke in) wrx I test drove.

Ahh ok. Wow..you guys are alot nicer then the people at the tC forum I was at lol

I Support ClubWRX
    ^ That's because WRX > scion in every way imaginable.

Welcome
    http://shiftinglanes.com
    '14 DGM WRX Limited Hatch
    I'm a build thread?
    Stink-eye Mob #49

Welcome Justin. I too had an eye on Scion tC before obtaining my WRX first. I would put Honda/Acura, Toyota/Lexus/Scion and Subaru all in the same category of quality, with Nissan a close trail if not a tie.

Nihon no kuruma wa saiko desu yo nee! (Japanese cars are the best!)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast