New owner of WRX Wagon

This is a discussion on New owner of WRX Wagon within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just bought my first Subaru a few days ago! It is a 2002 Impreza WRX with 120,000 miles. I absolutely ...

New owner of WRX Wagon

Just bought my first Subaru a few days ago! It is a 2002 Impreza WRX with 120,000 miles. I absolutely love everything about the car. Only problem is a small scratch I need to touch up before it rusts and before I get anymore snow where I live. Any advice on the car? Here are the pics:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice lookin' wagon ya got there, congrats and welcome! First off, is it modded in anyway? If so, let us know what is done to it and we can go from there. If it is stock, the very first thing you should do is to replace the stock uppipe with an aftermarket catless one. The older wrx's have problems with the cat on the uppipe taking out turbos. So that should be your first mod. Other than that, make sure its up to date on all service's and enjoy your new car!
    2011 WRB WRX hatchback---Stage 2
    Stink-Eye Mob #301
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ld-thread.html <----Build Thread

Short shifter feels sooo nice. You've bought literally the hatch version of my car. black rims and all.

New owner of WRX Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by WRX-maniac View Post
    Nice lookin' wagon ya got there, congrats and welcome! First off, is it modded in anyway? If so, let us know what is done to it and we can go from there. If it is stock, the very first thing you should do is to replace the stock uppipe with an aftermarket catless one. The older wrx's have problems with the cat on the uppipe taking out turbos. So that should be your first mod. Other than that, make sure its up to date on all service's and enjoy your new car!
    Thank you! No mods yet but I already was looking at the uppipe. I am looking at the Invidia and grimmspeed, that's what I have been recommended. It's all up to date on services and running well. And I love it! I am in the process of moving right now so I think after that is finished I will get that uppipe, or is it a bad idea to drive a long distance without it?

Last edited by SageW; 11-24-2013 at 03:44 PM.
    Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Yobfriend View Post
    Short shifter feels sooo nice. You've bought literally the hatch version of my car. black rims and all.
    Haha sweet. Your car looks great. I was looking at the sedan versions but personally prefer the wagon

Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SageW View Post
    Thank you! No mods yet but I already was looking at the uppipe. I am looking at the Invidia and grimmspeed, that's what I have been recommended. It's all up to date on services and running well. And I love it! I am in the process of moving right now so I think after that is finished I will get that uppipe, or is it a bad idea to drive a long distance without it?

Technically it will not hurt your car running it with the stock uppipe. But, with the amount of miles you have on the car, it honestly is just a ticking time bomb. However, some people never change it out with a catless uppipe and never have a problem. But its more of a preventitive mod. So, I would suggest doing that ASAP. And you cant wrong with either grimmspeed or invidia, both very good companies.
    2011 WRB WRX hatchback---Stage 2
    Stink-Eye Mob #301
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ld-thread.html <----Build Thread

Where is the scratch? You can buy touch up paint at the dealership.
    Life is like riding a bicycle in order to keep your balance you must keep moving.

I'm engaged to my WRX. kedonot1's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Congrats bro!
    Need help diagnosing check engine codes? Just message me!

Congrats on the purchase is your first name Sage? If so there can only be one…
    2012 DGM WRX - Stage Two 93 - Stink Eye Mob #908
    The Epic Life of Emily the WRX

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    It looks awesome! Congratulations.

I Support ClubWRX
    Congrats on the car and welcome

Looks to be an auto so no short shifter needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yobfriend View Post
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Nice car bro my next subie will either be a wagon or a forester!

Quote Originally Posted by Ampliified View Post
    Congrats on the purchase is your first name Sage? If so there can only be one…
    Yeah that's my name. Haha!

Using Tapatalk