NEW OWNER UNMOLESTED 04 WRX

This is a discussion on NEW OWNER UNMOLESTED 04 WRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; New to imports. I'm a proud owner of an 04' stock AUTOMATIC WRX with 140k on it. This car just ...

NEW OWNER UNMOLESTED 04 WRX

New to imports. I'm a proud owner of an 04' stock AUTOMATIC WRX with 140k on it. This car just came by chance last week as I was called out to tow this vehicle. Owner was taking it to a shop for unknown mechanical reasons when the dealership told him the motor was blown. The owner was being deployed that week and didn't want to fool with it and asked if I would take the car to a local salvage yard. I told him they will only give him a few hundred dollars for it. He said he didn't care cause he didn't have time for it....I told him I would give him $300.00 for it and just leave it on my truck....SOLD!!!

I have a friend that owns a foreign car shop and he looked at everything and it's only the turbo that's bad. Apparently the turbo is going out. The oil feed is leaking and when it's full of oil it's normal on the temp gauge. But when it leaks, it runs hot but the motor isn't hot.....Just going to replace with stock turbo and enjoy the DD and fuel economy

Maybe I'll do something here and there, but I don't know squat when it comes to imports. I've owned nothing but gm for the last 25 years.

I have an 01'' SS 12:5:1 on e85 that runs mid 9's if I want to get my adrenaline rush

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    congrats on the car. white the turbo is out have the up pipe changed, a compression test done, fluids and timing belt checked and possible changed.
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Quote Originally Posted by cflip2x View Post
    congrats on the car. white the turbo is out have the up pipe changed, a compression test done, fluids and timing belt checked and possible changed.
    I have all new fluids and timing belt on hand I'm just replacing everything stock while I do my research since there is TONS of info out there for what all you can do with these cars......Gm I work on eyes closed, this import stuff is unfamiliar territory....

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Frank View Post
    I have all new fluids and timing belt on hand I'm just replacing everything stock while I do my research since there is TONS of info out there for what all you can do with these cars......Gm I work on eyes closed, this import stuff is unfamiliar territory....
    While you are in there, definitely take the advice given and put a catless up pipe in. They have been known to degrade and cause issues. Best to just gut the stock one or even easier pick up an aftermarket catless. Since you are in there doing work might as well take care of this.

I'm looking at the up pipes right now...There is just too much stuff for these little cars....lol

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm looking at the up pipes right now...There is just too much stuff for these little cars....lol
    Oh yeah...your wallet will feel it if you are not careful. Very addictive!

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Yes, yes there is.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    Oh yeah...your wallet will feel it if you are not careful. Very addictive!
    After 3 LS builds and numerous other builds over the years, it's known knowledge. You gotta PAY to PLAY
    Last edited by Uncle Frank; 11-19-2013 at 09:16 AM.