Proud owner of a 2014 WRX in Golden, CO!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Proud owner of a 2014 WRX in Golden, CO! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I'm feeling like I just bought a piece of history... this is the last year for the hatchback WRX, right? ...

Proud owner of a 2014 WRX in Golden, CO!

I'm feeling like I just bought a piece of history... this is the last year for the hatchback WRX, right? I paid $25,871 (+tags) for a black base model with a short throw. No extras, bone stock! How was my invoice in comparison to what you paid? Oh yeah, so I also just started reading about the 4K/1000K break-in period (after the 10-mile gymkhana style solo test drive), any thoughts on that? Is there anything I should do that the manual doesn't cover? Do you have any insight on what I can expect from the machine in the first few weeks/months (especially something that seemed unordinary to you at first)?

O yah... i haz pix too!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 2.JPG 
Views:	170 
Size:	142.1 KB 
ID:	122698

Name:	photo 3.JPG 
Views:	168 
Size:	133.8 KB 
ID:	122706

Name:	photo 4 (1).JPG 
Views:	168 
Size:	86.0 KB 
ID:	122714

Any words of wisdom/advice are appreciated – PM/email me

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome, looks clean man. I paid $25195 out the door for my 2014 hatch base. The only thing I noticed on mine at first was some weird smells of all the pipes and components of the engine breaking in.
    2014 Subaru WRX
    Torqued Performance Stage 2
    Stink-Eye Mob #0022
    Build Thread
    First Mods, what to do and not to do

Welcome man! Gorgeous car. I know how you feel, I recently bought my first WRX (2014 SWP Sedan) and I love it.

Chief, I've smelled some strangeness as well when I turn on my heater

Awesome car, the dealerships I went to didn't carry the black ones. I have to admit, it probably would've been my back up if I couldn't order a SWP one lol. Congrats on the new car. I also talked to the salesman about the 1000 mile break in period and he said it doesn't really matter, and that the cars go through some pretty extensive testing before they're shipped out. But I'm not all that sure, I'll probably drive it fairly cautiously for a while.

break it in smart, drive it for life. have fun modding the crap out of it

You guys are awesome! i'm not worthy!

Nice purchase. I just picked up a 2014 black hatch base with short shifter, floor mats, and armrest extension. I should be past 1k miles next weekend then I can really open her up

Just do what the manual says. 4k - 1000 miles

I put 1000 miles on mine in one week, just to be able to romp on it.

I Support ClubWRX
    Congrats on the purchase.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    congrats, welcome and stick with the break in.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Welcome, Looks good!

price is close to what i paid for my 2014 base. all just depends on dealer, demand and what part of the country you are in from what ive seen/read. do the 1000 mile break in and then youll be able to have some fun. im only 560ish/1000 into mine and ive had my car for 2 weeks -_____-

Congrats btw!

really wish i couldve gotten a Black one, I had to go with Polar opposite with SWP instead. It was all they had on the lot.
    2013 WRX Premium |2002 Trans Am WSQ | 2012 Focus SE
    1995 Sonoma LSX Swapped | 2008 Triumph Daytona 675

ZXNasty - i pulled the mats out of my impreza 2.0 before trade in (not sure if they fit yet, but will know tomorrow). my short shifter will be installed on friday, and I'm hoping to avoid the armrest extension but I will likely end up with it anyway ... do you have any close up photos of that armrest with the shorty? do you like the ext.? thx bud! Your car looks outstanding!

ProZach - I might actually go for a 900 mile drive tomorrow after work but please do define "romp on it" so I don't misinterpret what fun I can have during the break in (if any)...

Rage - thanks for the congrats, I appreciate the welcome

Torque - Im trying so hard keep the boost down, and the cruise off... not easy though

Wreckingballdude - thx!

Buffalowings - I appreciate the price comparison, i feel good about my purchase... sounds like you do too! how will your driving style change after 1000 miles? i'm curious - thanks!

1kwikf - have you ever considered one of those 3M 1080 vinyl wraps in matte black? looks easy to apply!

Quote Originally Posted by black gold View Post
    1kwikf - have you ever considered one of those 3M 1080 vinyl wraps in matte black? looks easy to apply!

Nah, I dont really mind the white, and last i had quoted for a full wrap was like 1800 for 1 color. Im a detail freak, so id end up OCD cleaning and polishing a black car every day. White is easier to maintain the nice glossy finish and "just waxed" look
    2013 WRX Premium |2002 Trans Am WSQ | 2012 Focus SE
    1995 Sonoma LSX Swapped | 2008 Triumph Daytona 675

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast