About to buy an STi. A few questions - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on About to buy an STi. A few questions within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by AnthonyP The problem with buying new is that starting prices are higher and harder to haggle. We ...

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyP View Post
    The problem with buying new is that starting prices are higher and harder to haggle. We were looking at new STi's before and the ones we liked were around $38,000. Compared to $31,000 (and now being haggled lower, working on $29,000), that's a pretty noticeable difference.
    Well if you want leather and nav and all that other stuff then sure. Honestly an Sti with leather and nav is nice for sure but not really one of those care were it enhances your experience in the car. The cloth seats are fine and you save money that way and you dont need NAV. Thats what I meant about buying a new base Sti with few options and going from there. But again your decision but I would rather buy a new Sti and spend the time being patient and haggling. As far as I am concerned the salesman has you were he needs you to be to purchase a car. You might be a little to looked in to consider other options haha

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Went to TrueCar and Invoice Price on a Base Sti is $32,635 and MSRP is $34,584. I got my car at invoice price when I walked in with my True Car report and said this is the only way I am buying a car from you. And went to a couple dealers and one made it happen. This is what you should do .

Hope this helps!!

The problem with buying new is that starting prices are higher and harder to haggle. We were looking at new STi's before and the ones we liked were around $38,000. Compared to $31,000 (and now being haggled lower, working on $29,000), that's a pretty noticeable difference.
    Contact Clayton on here. Search for the ClubWRX buying program from Ramsey Subaru in Ramsey, NJ on this forum. He gets ClubWRX members $500 below invoice. It'd be worth the hour and a half drive for you from Warminster.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

^^THIS^^

I dont know how that works now that you cant order anymore but I am sure Clayton can figure something out for you. he has helped a lot of members here

Thanks for all the feedback everyone. We went an put a deposit on the car and we're picking it tomorrow.

How did you do negotiating?

Unfortunately We could only get them down to $30,250. It was next to impossible to find that car with that low mileage for cheaper than that. I knew it and they knew it. Either way we are still happy with what we got. My girlfriend also traded in her Corolla towards the car.

Nice. As long as you are happy with it.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I 2nd the thought of a new WRX. I just picked up a new WRX Premium and could not be happier. Great power, you may not need the STI and the warantee is another plus.

Quote Originally Posted by cycl2day View Post
    I 2nd the thought of a new WRX. I just picked up a new WRX Premium and could not be happier. Great power, you may not need the STI and the warantee is another plus.
    Thanks for all the feedback everyone. We went an put a deposit on the car and we're picking it tomorrow.

I'm pretty sure he made up his mind

Quote Originally Posted by RichD514 View Post
    I'm pretty sure he made up his mind
    Yeah too late. Already bought the STi. Had it for a week today and I couldn't be happier. I've never had such an exhilarating driving experience.

Yeah too late. Already bought the STi. Had it for a week today and I couldn't be happier. I've never had such an exhilarating driving experience.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12