New WRX owner...lovin it!

This is a discussion on New WRX owner...lovin it! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello Club WRX, I'm an old Honda Tuner and bought my first Subaru today. Got myself a base DGM HB ...

New WRX owner...lovin it!

Hello Club WRX,

I'm an old Honda Tuner and bought my first Subaru today. Got myself a base DGM HB with STI SSk, SPT Boost Gauge, and roof rack. My goal is Stage II sooner than later, once I'm confident that I can make look stock if problems happen. First though, this stock stereo head unit needs to go...just horrible. Looking forward to talking with you guys.

Btw, what's up with the key and door control not being together, very annoying.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	98.1 KB 
ID:	122218

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome mate

I Support ClubWRX
    Congrats & welcome to the forum.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome and congrats from NJ

I highly approve of this car.
    http://shiftinglanes.com
    '14 DGM WRX Limited Hatch
    I'm a build thread?
    Stink-eye Mob #49

welcome!!! you're going to enjoy that wrx sti hatch as much as I do.. i currently own WRB hatch sti that i got recently on Sunday.

Thanks everybody. First 1k I'm be nice to her, then I'll play more after that. Anybody have positive experience with the SPT performance parts?

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Welcome.

I've had great experiences with SPT, STi, Gruppe-N personally, although I'm on a much older car. It can be over priced in my opinion on most items if you buy that stuff new, but then again it's Genuine parts, not aftermarket.

Most people with your model prefer aftermarket parts over the stuff from Subaru.

Welcome to the forums man! I'm pretty new myself, now owning my first Subaru as well. I have a 2014 SWP WRX Sedan

Thanks WreckingBall, I've read the same of SPT, I guess biggest upside is that it has no impact on warranty. Most say any CB exhaust won't effect warranty, tough to assume that IMO. Doesn't seem an exhaust or intake really do anything without an access port or similar anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Rmurphy_22 View Post
    [...]
    Btw, what's up with the key and door control not being together, very annoying.
    What, you don't like a half open jack knife in your pocket all day? Bugs me too...
    2013 WRX Premium Hatch DGM

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfheart View Post
    Welcome to the forums man! I'm pretty new myself, now owning my first Subaru as well. I have a 2014 SWP WRX Sedan
    Do you have the sti short throw kit? I feel shifting into 3rd isn't smooth and feels like it engages twice, any issues for your new ride? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rmurphy_22 View Post
    Do you have the sti short throw kit? I feel shifting into 3rd isn't smooth and feels like it engages twice, any issues for your new ride? Thanks
    You'll be able to feel the engagement a lot more with a short shifter. I have it and it seems normal to me. I had an aftermarket on my previous car and it was even more pronounced. Nothing to worry about.