New To The Subie Fam - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on New To The Subie Fam within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Welcome...

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by BrittMorgan View Post
    Good to know. I've never used a short throw shifter so it will be new to me.
    Short shifter honestly won't be that short on the 6spd. It retains the same height, but only reduces throws by about 10% or so. Aftermarket will be so much better.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Short shifter honestly won't be that short on the 6spd. It retains the same height, but only reduces throws by about 10% or so. Aftermarket will be so much better.
    That's what I figured but it's gotta be better than totally stock.
    I'll be going aftermarket eventually as well

Welcome Brittany,
    I got mine about 20 days ago and love it. Have about 500 miles on it, waiting for 1000 and break-in ends.
    5 door, DGM with STI short shifter. My Grandson has a 2012 EVO, you know what we talk about.
    Have fun

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    I agree with you guys but I will definitely stick with this short throw shift for awhile. At least until after I return from basic next year and then I may start making some changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Willy345 View Post
    Welcome Brittany,
    I got mine about 20 days ago and love it. Have about 500 miles on it, waiting for 1000 and break-in ends.
    5 door, DGM with STI short shifter. My Grandson has a 2012 EVO, you know what we talk about.
    Have fun
    Thank you! Oh yes, those convos between the STI and EVO can be quite interesting. lol

Quote Originally Posted by BrittMorgan View Post
    Thank you! Oh yes, those convos between the STI and EVO can be quite interesting. lol
    Yes they can
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails uploadfromtaptalk1384443511718.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by ZXNasty View Post
    Yes they can
    LoL....love it!!

Welcome Brit, as a former Honda Tuner I'm loving the out the box power and handling of my new WRX. An STI will even further enhance the experience. So you haven't even test drove a WRX or STI yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Rmurphy_22 View Post
    Welcome Brit, as a former Honda Tuner I'm loving the out the box power and handling of my new WRX. An STI will even further enhance the experience. So you haven't even test drove a WRX or STI yet?
    I haven't, crazy I know! LoL but there weren't any at the dealership when I went and there aren't many subies around where I live either.

Ok guys, I got an update!! Pretty stoked about this one!!! So they said the car will be built December 18th and it scheduled to arrive December 30th!! The guy told me that his last Subaru that came in actually arrived earlier so it is a possibility that mine could too. Just in time for Christmas! Either way this is most definitely the best Christmas gift I could ask for! So he told me that tomorrow he will be ordering all of my add ons so they will arrive before the car. He is supposed to give me a call to verify that he has everything ordered that I requested. He also told me he would be sending my VIN number

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.