Perrin Motor + Trans Mount Question

This is a discussion on Perrin Motor + Trans Mount Question within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Anyone have any reviews on the Perrin Motor Mounts and Trans mount? Looking at replacing my stock mounts but not ...

Perrin Motor + Trans Mount Question

Anyone have any reviews on the Perrin Motor Mounts and Trans mount? Looking at replacing my stock mounts but not sure what set-up to run. The Group N Mounts I think are to soft from what reviews say. If you have any reviews on the Perrin let me know. They are expensive and not sure if they are worth the price.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i am also interested in this

Not sure what year your car is but try looking up torque solution mounts. There stiffer like the perrins but cheaper
    Last edited by teddy37; 11-12-2013 at 04:06 PM.
    2011 Wrx DGM TP Stage 3
    Stink-eye mob #3737

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 13swrx View Post
    Anyone have any reviews on the Perrin Motor Mounts and Trans mount? Looking at replacing my stock mounts but not sure what set-up to run. The Group N Mounts I think are to soft from what reviews say. If you have any reviews on the Perrin let me know. They are expensive and not sure if they are worth the price.
    I doubt the group N mounts are too squishy for you. The stock trans mount is super squishy and the group N is a great upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by teddy37 View Post
    Not sure what year your car is but try looking up torque solution mounts. There stiffer like the perrins but cheaper
    Are you talking about the solid mounts? I don't suggest those on a DD.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

The group n will be plenty good.
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

I kind of wish I never got them to be honest. Along with all the stiffer bushings...it's kind of loud and annoying now...
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

Are you talking about the solid mounts? I don't suggest those on a DD.[/QUOTE]

I didnt think they were actually considered solid since they still have bushings unlike say MSI mounts. I could be wrong but I thought when I held a buddies there were still poly bushings. Still increased vibrations a good bit whether they were solid or not. But as you stated Group N should be plenty.
    2011 Wrx DGM TP Stage 3
    Stink-eye mob #3737

I Support ClubWRX
    I didnt think they were actually considered solid since they still have bushings unlike say MSI mounts. I could be wrong but I thought when I held a buddies there were still poly bushings. Still increased vibrations a good bit whether they were solid or not. But as you stated Group N should be plenty.
    They aren't a solid 1 piece like the MSI, but they are pretty dang solid. I ran them. I wouldn't say they increased vibrations a good bit, that's underselling it.

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    They aren't a solid 1 piece like the MSI, but they are pretty dang solid. I ran them. I wouldn't say they increased vibrations a good bit, that's underselling it.
    I guess I'm just used to all the vibrations of a Subaru lol.
    2011 Wrx DGM TP Stage 3
    Stink-eye mob #3737

Quote Originally Posted by lytlec View Post
    The group n will be plenty good.
    From what I've been told, and I'm no expert, is that the Group N are good for a generally stock car. However somebody who has over 300hp/tq should look at something more solid than the Group N mounts. Is this true?? My car is not stock anymore and over the 300 range which is why I was considering the Perrins as I thought they were mid level?? Also, I don't mind the noise difference in the cab and the vibrations my old SI had solid mounts and I actually liked it a lot.

I Support ClubWRX
    I guess I'm just used to all the vibrations of a Subaru lol.
    Solid mounts make it worse. I personally don't mind it, just not on a DD.

From what I've been told, and I'm no expert, is that the Group N are good for a generally stock car. However somebody who has over 300hp/tq should look at something more solid than the Group N mounts. Is this true?? My car is not stock anymore and over the 300 range which is why I was considering the Perrins as I thought they were mid level?? Also, I don't mind the noise difference in the cab and the vibrations my old SI had solid mounts and I actually liked it a lot.
    The solid mounts make your shifting incredibly harsh. It's not really something that's comfortable for a car that's driven a lot. 300hp/tq isn't really that much, plus the Group N holds up just fine with those numbers. I ran a Group N first and now it's on my wife's LGT and it's great.

Solid mounts make it worse. I personally don't mind it, just not on a DD.

The solid mounts make your shifting incredibly harsh. It's not really something that's comfortable for a car that's driven a lot. 300hp/tq isn't really that much, plus the Group N holds up just fine with those numbers. I ran a Group N first and now it's on my wife's LGT and it's great.

The power numbers are going to keep rising until I'm at the 400 range. With that being said do you think the Group N will hold up to those numbers? I'd rather do it right the first time then have to upgrade again later is all. I only know from reviews but if you have first hand experience that is perfect.

I Support ClubWRX
    The power numbers are going to keep rising until I'm at the 400 range. With that being said do you think the Group N will hold up to those numbers? I'd rather do it right the first time then have to upgrade again later is all. I only know from reviews but if you have first hand experience that is perfect.
    Have you seen pictures comparing the Group N to stock? You know how you don't want to duplicated effort? I don't want to continually tell you that the Group N is more than good enough for your power levels. If you're pushing 400whp, you have a lot more things to be concerned about than your choice of trans mount.

Have you seen pictures comparing the Group N to stock? You know how you don't want to duplicated effort? I don't want to continually tell you that the Group N is more than good enough for your power levels. If you're pushing 400whp, you have a lot more things to be concerned about than your choice of trans mount.
    This is for motor mounts as well. Anyway thanks for the input. And yes I do know what the Group N look like!

I Support ClubWRX
    This is for motor mounts as well. Anyway thanks for the input. And yes I do know what the Group N look like!
    The motor mounts are fine too.