2014's running out soon?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2014's running out soon? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey all, I'm currently saving up for a 2014 wrx (few months away from purchasing) and read that dealers are ...

2014's running out soon?

Hey all,
    I'm currently saving up for a 2014 wrx (few months away from purchasing) and read that dealers are no longer taking orders. I was wondering when you think dealers will stop getting the last shipments in.
    I would purchase now but I'm waiting to see if I stay at my current job... I should know by January.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Your going to be looking at the '15 by that point

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I was in the same boat. Didnt plan on buying one until december when I graduate, but I ended up pulling the trigger on one early. When I found out about SoA no longer taking orders and the that the production run was going to be shorter for the 14s (or so ive read) I began looking for the car I wanted (color, body style and trim). I was lucky enough to find one at the dealer about 75 miles that hadnt come in yet. I didnt want to be stuck looking for a used one if I didnt like the 15 redesign so I put a deposit down on it and picked it up last Saturday. I would say start looking around your area now for a the car you want (even if it hasnt arrived) or call the dealers to see what they have arriving and on what dates. If you cant buy one until january, there may be some still left and who knows you may love the 15 redesign. Good luck and hope you get what you are looking for!

I Support ClubWRX
    You are correct. Dealers are not taking orders on '14s anymore. They stopped the '14 run on orders September 30th. The 2015 is set to be revealed at the LA Auto Show which starts on Nov 22nd. Keep your eyes peeled for the new model as that is likely what you'll be purchasing as ker2 said. And hey, that'll give you more time to save up for your purchased, so bonus there.

However, once that is revealed, any remaining '14s left on lots will probably go fast. If you do like the 2014, I'd pounce on one now if you can as the 2015 will be a total redesign.
    http://shiftinglanes.com
    '14 DGM WRX Limited Hatch
    I'm a build thread?
    Stink-eye Mob #49

Quote Originally Posted by FlipsideJohn View Post
    Hey all,
    I'm currently saving up for a 2014 wrx (few months away from purchasing) and read that dealers are no longer taking orders. I was wondering when you think dealers will stop getting the last shipments in.
    I would purchase now but I'm waiting to see if I stay at my current job... I should know by January.

Thanks
    I don't know about when orders will stop, or if they have already. But I do know that I talked to a dealership today that just got a brand new '14 off the delivery truck yesterday. I'm going to purchase it probably monday

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ZXNasty View Post
    I don't know about when orders will stop, or if they have already. But I do know that I talked to a dealership today that just got a brand new '14 off the delivery truck yesterday. I'm going to purchase it probably monday
    To clarify, as I stated above, orders for 2014s stopped September 30th. Just FYI.
    I'm a build thread?
    Stink-eye Mob #49

This saddens me. I've been reading quite a bit about the 2015,, even though we dont have much info. Supposedly it'll be using the 2.0L Boxer Engine (same one in BRZ), so no more subie rumble /: I was also really set on a hatchback, which is almost a must for me. There is no way I can buy now because if I end up leaving my job, im ****ed with payments. Hopefully they'll still have some at the end of december or else I'll be looking at MS3's

edit: I applied to a few places yesterday, so if I can get a few interviews next week I might just go for the purchase... They do hold their value really well so I could just sell it and pay off car no problem if I leave my job... decisons decisions....
    Thanks for info guys!

When I was looking a few weeks ago several dealers had '14s scheduled to arrive in late November but none had any scheduled for December. I called all the Subaru dealers in 5 states before finding the car I wanted in Scottsdale, AZ. They had several hatches on the ground at that time. I flew down and drove it home.
    2014 Crazy Cart
    2014 WRX 5 door base model
    2013 5/8ths scale Lotus 7 http://s1261.photobucket.com/user/sc...brary/Baby%207
    2011 Ram 1500
    2004 Caterham 7 SV http://www.britishv8.org/Other/SkipCannon.htm
    1992 Mazda Miata

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by FlipsideJohn View Post
    Supposedly it'll be using the 2.0L Boxer Engine (same one in BRZ), so no more subie rumble
    Anything you read that says this is purely speculating. Literally, no one has any idea what it's going to be. I've heard reports about it staying as a 2.5 with 265hp. There's been no official announcement so temper your sadness until the 22nd. All shall be revealed then.
    I'm a build thread?
    Stink-eye Mob #49

I bought a 2013 on July 19th of this year. It had 5 miles on it. I think you'll be able to get a new '14 for a little while.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.