Clutch
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Clutch within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So I am going on 30 days with the new to me 2010 wrx with only 16000 miles. I have ...

Clutch

So I am going on 30 days with the new to me 2010 wrx with only 16000 miles. I have been reading some alarming post about clutches going out about that time. Can anyone tell me what they are typically seeing. I do not beat the car up but I do like to have fun every once in a in a while after all that is why I bought it in the first place. Everyone on this forum has been great and I value and welcome all your advice?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'm at 22000 miles stage two for about 4000 miles of it the other 16000 on stage one and mine just now started slipping my buddy with a 10wrx went thru his at around 16k as well
    2012 DGM WRX - Stage Two 93 - Stink Eye Mob #908
    The Epic Life of Emily the WRX

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    i have a little over 70k on my 2006. 60k of those miles have been at stage II. my OEM clutch is still rocking with no signs of going bad. ::knock on wood:: there's no magic number though. everyone drives differently. some people launch every week at the track. some people baby it. some people drive all highway. some people drive all city. so it really will vary :]

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

I've heard a bit about the third gen clutches being weaker an going sooner then expected

My 09 has now 44K miles. I bought it used with 31K miles. I THINK it has the original clutch. No issues this far. I do baby the clutch, mostly.
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

13 wrx 16000 no problems here knock on wood.
    2013 WRX Premium SWP HB Stage 2
    1976 Corvette Stingray black
    2008 WRX Basic CBS HB TRADED IN
    2002 WRX Basic WRB SOLD

My clutch quit at 25K miles, I bought mine used too, but the dealer covered mine. If you are worried that yours is having issues, put it in 5th at low rpm and give it full throttle. If you hit about 3500-4500 rpm and the rpms start going crazy or jump, while the car doesnt go any faster, your clutch is not good.
    '11 WRX DGM

Mine is just fine. 43K 2011 WRX.

Mine went at 15k on 2012 Stock WRX. Subaru fortunately covered my first one since when they took it apart they didn't see any signs of abuse.

Im at 24k now and my 2nd clutch seems fine so far at Stage 1

2011 wrx with 25,XXX miles on stock clutch. I do baby my car 90% of the time, but every now and again i feel the urge for the power, no slipping or anything yet. Although occasionally my clutch pedal makes a weird creaking sound. Cant hear it all the time, and when i do it is faint, but its there. Kinda worries me. However, I have read many other threads on here and nasioc about the same issue in the newer wrx's. I'd say that maybe out of all the threads I have read though, that less than 20% of them actually needed to replace the clutch. So who knows???
    2011 WRB WRX hatchback---Stage 2
    Stink-Eye Mob #301
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ld-thread.html <----Build Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.