Just picked up my 2014 WRX!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Just picked up my 2014 WRX! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello everyone! My name is Stephen and im from Baton Rouge, LA and I have been lurking around this forum ...

Just picked up my 2014 WRX!

Hello everyone!
    My name is Stephen and im from Baton Rouge, LA and I have been lurking around this forum for quite a while but have only posted a few times. I ended up selling my 2007 Scion tC and picking up a 2014 Ice Silver Metallic WRX base sedan. The tC was a great car and was awesome all throughout college (graduate in december! woo!) but I have always wanted a WRX. I had been searching all around Louisiana and surrounding states for this color and trim. I finally found one at the dealer about 70 miles away. I called and placed a deposit on the car before it arrived and started trying to sell my car. Took me around 2 weeks to sell my car and yesterday I went to the dealership and picked up my new ride! Had 10 miles on it when i drove off the lot. So far I loving everything about it! The 1000 mile break in period is going to seem like forever though since i only really drive to school and back, maybe 150 miles a week. I may have to just offer to drive my family around to get past the 1000 mile mark haha. But anyways, onto the few pictures i took...

Me smiling from ear to ear haha (was like this most of the way home as well)

My mom being a spaz

I had a question about this clear vinyl? or whatever it is by the rear tire. is that supposed to be there or did they forget to take it off? Its hard to see but just wondering if thats there on all new cars.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Congrats on the new purchase!

I have the clear vinyl on my 2011 WRX, pretty sure its just 3M wrap to prevent stone chips.
    2011 Subaru Impreza WRX (Plasma Blue Pearl)

Congrats, mom is acting like that and the car isn't even moving hahahaha youtube took mom for a ride in the STi or something similar they are hilarious! The clear plastic is there for stone chips etc. You will notice how much stuff hits there before your first fill up. It is pretty crazy.

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    So you're the kid I saw on Tosh.0 in that vid...! lol, you look like your avatar.

I Support ClubWRX
    Nice. Congrats. PS. you look photoshopped in the first pic lol.

EDIT...The clear by the rear tire is supposed to be there. If you are smart you will put as much on your car is possible. The paint on these cars sucks balls.

Thanks everyone! I don't know how to do multiple quotes so ill just reply this way.
    @preston_nfs- it's only infront of the rear wheel. Is there a reasoning behind only having it there?
    @13WRXlimited- yes I have seen those videos. They are pretty great. I like the one with the kid in the gtr, if you haven't seen it you should check it out. And I have read about subaru paint on here and am on the fence about the 3m clear vinyl.
    @wreckingball man- that's my favorite video of all time pretty much haha.
    @11blackSTi- I do look a little big infront of the car haha. I'm like 6ft 4in. But I love the amount of headroom I have in the wrx. My tc was kind of a tight fit.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by i8buffalowings View Post
    it's only infront of the rear wheel. Is there a reasoning behind only having it there?
    That is the most common area to accumulate stone chips caused by your tires kicking them up. (although the most common place to get in them in general, i.e. from other peoples' tires, is the front of your car - clear bra helps and is worth the money. I wish I had got one.)

I Support ClubWRX
    Congrats on the purchase. Like the others said all cars come with the film from factory.

I got a clear bra as shortly after picking up my car. Getting close to 3 years with the film now. & one of the best mods I did.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    Congrats bud. Great pictures. Haha. Had me laughing this morning. Same as above. I have them on my '14 and they're just for protection. Car condom, if you will.
    http://shiftinglanes.com
    '14 DGM WRX Limited Hatch
    I'm a build thread?
    Stink-eye Mob #49

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    That is the most common area to accumulate stone chips caused by your tires kicking them up. (although the most common place to get in them in general, i.e. from other peoples' tires, is the front of your car - clear bra helps and is worth the money. I wish I had got one.)
    Alright I gotcha. I'm going to get some quotes from around town.

@rage-wrx thanks! Find myself looking out the window every 10 minutes haha.

@shiftinglanes thanks! Glad I could provide some early morning lulz.

Registered User CorrPerformance's Avatar
    CONgrats on the new car, clicked on this thread to see how these 2014 WRX looked.
    I am sure it wont stay bone stock for too long.
    Alberto I Correa, Jr.
    EFI 101 Graduate 7-16-05
    AEM EMS factory trained
    Seguimos afinando, vendiendo y jodiendo....Entonces?

Quote Originally Posted by CorrPerformance View Post
    CONgrats on the new car, clicked on this thread to see how these 2014 WRX looked.
    I am sure it wont stay bone stock for too long.
    Thanks and yeah you are right about that! not sure how long before i get into the performance mods. i wanna do some suspension stuff and maybe a kartboy sts and new knob. once i graduate and get a job in my field, that may accelerate the modding process.

*First post* I bought a 2014 WRB WRX hatch from Giles in April! Congrats, probably see you around BR.

Awesome! Congrats to you as well. Should check out the south louisiana subaru enthusiast club (SoLAsec) Facebook page. Hope to see you around town

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.