Newbie to the subie scene
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Newbie to the subie scene within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello everyone, I am a old muscle car guy, I still have my 1969 Camaro with a Big Block hooked ...

Newbie to the subie scene

Hello everyone, I am a old muscle car guy, I still have my 1969 Camaro with a Big Block hooked to a old school dougnash clutchless 5 speed in it. I bought my first wrx a few weeks ago. It is a 2002 with mods with 156k on the clock. I am the 3rd owner which the guy I got it from bought it with 4000k miles on it and had it for 10 years. The first owner bought it while waiting on his STI to come in. I bought it locally here in Lancaster county Pennsylvania. Seen it on craigslist advertised with a transmission with 3rd gear wiped out of it and called about it, after talking to the man that owned it a bit I decided to have a look at it. After seeing how well it was taken care and seeing all the mods and service records on the car, I decided to purchase it from him. I have the trans apart and will be replacing the bad gears and the bearing that caused it all along with some other bearings and seals while it is apart. If anyone has any advice on anything related to this or anything in general to my car please post it up. Also could use some knowledge on where a good shop would be to take it for repairs and tuning that i cant do myself. I live in Lancaster couny Pa about 4 miles west of the lancaster/chester county line.Thanks!
    Last edited by 2002 rex; 11-03-2013 at 10:25 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.