New to the Forum
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New to the Forum within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello fellas, Nick here, have a 2011 wrx wagon. Absolutely love the car. I have been seeing some issues lately ...

New to the Forum

Hello fellas,

Nick here, have a 2011 wrx wagon. Absolutely love the car. I have been seeing some issues lately (no mods this my daily driver, keep the 68 mustang for all that fun stuff). Ive been working on cars for a while, but mostly rest-mods and such, first venture into the world not turbo 4s, not more tunning carbs through sound car makes anymore i guess.

I truthfully bought this car to avoid spending my weekends working on it. But I have seen the same 2 codes come up and the dealer has basically telling me its 1500 bucks to guess what the problem is without exactly being sure what caused the issue.

Codes
    P0301 and P0303 cylinder missfire.

Dealer did roughness test, slight roughness in both cylinders (~1-2%). cleared codes and set if it comes back then they will have to take the motor apart for 1500 with hopes that all it needs is a valve job

Car has 54K on it, going to change plugs, etc as per the 60K major service. Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    I feel you with not wanting to work on it. My car has been on the road for a long time now and it requores a little more of attention from me. But yours is still pretty young, it must be frustrating. I hope it's nothing major!

Check this thread out, maybe it can give you a little more perspective than what the dealer told you.
    If You Have A Misfire Code Please Read This! - NASIOC

Quote Originally Posted by wreckingball man View Post
    I feel you with not wanting to work on it. My car has been on the road for a long time now and it requores a little more of attention from me. But yours is still pretty young, it must be frustrating. I hope it's nothing major!

Check this thread out, maybe it can give you a little more perspective than what the dealer told you.
    If You Have A Misfire Code Please Read This! - NASIOC
    This is literally my check list that I am working through. Thanks for the responses.

F that noise bro you have less than the warranty requirement and itsd not 3 years old yet you are still covered under warranty you shouldnt have to pay a dim to get it fixed bu subaru tell that manager to go put a pickle in his but and fix ur car or take it to another dealer

Quote Originally Posted by Motoxdude6 View Post
    F that noise bro you have less than the warranty requirement and itsd not 3 years old yet you are still covered under warranty you shouldnt have to pay a dim to get it fixed bu subaru tell that manager to go put a pickle in his but and fix ur car or take it to another dealer
    After the conversation I had with their service manager I dont think they will want me coming back.

How is that not covered under the powertrain warranty?

Quote Originally Posted by S20002STI View Post
    How is that not covered under the powertrain warranty?
    This was exactly what I asked the service manager. They said that they could not determine that it fell under the warranty unless they did a tear down (1500 bucks), but if they didnt find anything (like a burnt valve) that the cost was on me. Basically his and the tech said wait until I do the 60K service (plugs etc) and see if it happens again. I did the plugs yesterday and cleaned the MAF today. I am hoping someone can help me with how to clean use the mopar combustion chamber cleaner. I havent been able to determine if I should take the IC off and spray directly into the TB or use a vacumn line. I can get the IC off but I truthfully dont feel comforatble running the car (even at idle without the IC on to use the spray. if anyone has ideas that would be great.

Nick

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.