n00b with a question - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on n00b with a question within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Scooban00b You're right, I was driving at the time. Why were you taking pictures, starting a new ...

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooban00b View Post
    You're right, I was driving at the time.
    Why were you taking pictures, starting a new thread, uploading to an image hosting website, and posting to an online forum while you were driving?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wreckingball man View Post
    Why were you taking pictures, starting a new thread, uploading to an image hosting website, and posting to an online forum while you were driving?

Driving is boring holmes.. got to keep it real

Doesn't AWD mean all the wheels drive for me?
    Not so much anymore.

Last edited by Scooban00b; 10-29-2013 at 08:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wreckingball man View Post
    Took a video too

LoL

Yup, battery voltage, and it's fine as is. Though I wouldn't install that to get a voltage meter in my car... Voltage is easy enough to check when an electrical problem shows.
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

Quote Originally Posted by xFalleNx View Post
    definitely a +1.

no need for a turbo timer on our cars. Remove it and start poking around to see what the p.o. has done to it.
    Why exactly is there no need for turbo timers on our cars? Doesn't it help the turbo cool off in time if you were just hotrodding it so it doesn't heatsoak?

The previous own on my 04 rex installed a turbo timer on my car as well. All I did was push the power button to shut it off so it won't turn back on.
    04 Impreza Wrx

n00b with a question

The coolant and oil cools it down. Just don't pull Into your parking space at 6k rpms either.
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

Heat soak is not the right word, more like overheat. But that won't happen because the turbo is water cooled after the engine is shut off.

"IHI's position regarding this is that it is not necessary to perform a "cool down/idling" procedure, as was recommended with past turbo models. Our current 2.0L turbo engine has a far greater cooling capacity and, coupled with technology advances, makes this practice no longer necessary. This explains why information about cool down is not included in the 2002MY Impreza Owner's Manual.

The heat contained in the turbo charger will begin to vaporize the coolant at the turbo charger after the engine is stopped. This hot vapor will then enter the coolant reservoir tank which is the highest point of the coolant system. At the same time the vapor exits the turbo charger, coolant supplied from the right bank cylinder head flows into the turbo. This action cools the turbo charger down. This process will continue until the vaporizing action in the turbo charger has stopped or cooled down."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12