How much will 05 STi be on my Dad's Insurance. (Progressive)
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on How much will 05 STi be on my Dad's Insurance. (Progressive) within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey, i looked around and really couldn't find any real situation like mine. I'm 18 and planning to buy a ...

How much will 05 STi be on my Dad's Insurance. (Progressive)

Hey, i looked around and really couldn't find any real situation like mine. I'm 18 and planning to buy a 05 STi. It will be on my dad's insurance (Progressive) and his record is clean besides a ticket back in 01, but my sister/brother/ me actually got into accidents not too long ago. Mine was no-fault, theirs wasn't. Was wondering how much insurance would be, i would probably drive only 20-30 miles a day or less. Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Uh...call Progressive and ask.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    there are so many factors that go in to insurance quotes. we couldnt even begin to guess for you. like drews said, call progressive and ask. it should only take a few minutes. they're the experts

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

I Support ClubWRX
    When you call and get the quote, please post back with the result. It'll help others in the future I suppose.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Have your dad call and get the quote. I wouldn't list you as the driver because the premium will be silly expensive. If you were my son you wouldn't be getting a 300hp car at 18yo.

Actually i'm paying for most of it. I have 15,000 and my dad is paying 3,000. So no he's not buying it, i am. Thanks for your opinion though, keep kids safe!

Quote Originally Posted by Haylem View Post
    Actually i'm paying for most of it. I have 15,000 and my dad is paying 3,000. So no he's not buying it, i am. Thanks for your opinion though, keep kids safe!
    I think he meant he wouldn't allow his son to have a 300hp car at 18, regardless of who pays for it. Young men do stupid things in cars. We know because we've been there. Crashing in a slower car means you might still be alive afterwards to learn from the mistake. Be careful... please.

I understand, i'm way to mature to do stupid things and i respect Subaru way too much to even do anything dangerous with it! It's more of just a fun daily driver car. Thanks for your precautions though.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah, if I had a dollar for every time I've heard "I'm mature for my age..."

Like others have said, call Progressive. That's the only way you'll get a proper answer.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by Haylem View Post
    Over a decade ago I would be saying that same thing. I've yet to meet the teenager who would admit that a car is too much for him. Regardless, $15k is a ton of money for a used car that may or may not have been treated well. You should be getting something reliable and then buy something fun when you truly can afford it.

If you want the car and can afford it, get it. Don't let anyone change your mind. You will learn from any mistakes that might/might not be made.

Quote Originally Posted by Docc99 View Post
    Over a decade ago I would be saying that same thing. I've yet to meet the teenager who would admit that a car is too much for him.
    I met him. Classmate in high school. He had a Mazda MX6 and did actually say to me it was too fast for him to handle. That was the only one, ever.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

"Im way too mature to do anything stupid" Changes the second someone revs at you at a stoplight in a Mustang , or some cute girls are in the car next to you and you want to "look cool". Sure, some people have fast cars when they're 18 and live to tell the tale, some kids get crotch rockets in high school and make it out as well, but the simple fact is that bad parenting is bad parenting, but if you've got $15,000 cash at 18yo then good for you.

18 years old with an STi. No one can really say, but I'm gonna throw out a guess just for fun....$275/month.
    Not so much anymore.

I'm 20 and have an '04 wrx. my wife drives a '13 civic and our combined monthly insurance payment with Progressive is $214. but we both also dont have any tickets or wrecks on our record.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast