How much will 05 STi be on my Dad's Insurance. (Progressive) - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

This is a discussion on How much will 05 STi be on my Dad's Insurance. (Progressive) within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; My college is already paid off for, I have financial aid which gives me 0 per semester extra, once i'll ...

My college is already paid off for, I have financial aid which gives me $500 per semester extra, once i'll be going into a four degree college, financial aid will cover most of it too if not all. After that i will be going for Med School and my parents will pay it off too or at least most of it. Money isn't a problem for now, I can tell you i'm grateful that my education is basically payed off and i can spend free money to do what i want. I never go out, because i'm usually stuck home doing homework. I work and saved up 15,000 in three years and probably spent only $200 on food or clothes. Sadly not everyone has their education paid off like i do, I definitely respect people who pay for their own college and can't afford to buy any "wants". Thanks for your information though.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User Subaru-Mopar-Luv's Avatar
    Holy crap on a cracker. I leave this site for one week and when I come back, all hell breaks loose for helpless teenagers!

But actually, most deserve the criticism they get, including me. My little car control mishap cost me a lot of money and sadness, and attributed to the bad rep teenagers with Subarus/sporty cars get. We're not all bad, I swear!
    Speed never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you. -Jeremy Clarkson

Bugeye Mafia Member #419

It actually does matter if you drive an STI over a PRIUS. Would you race other kids in a prius... no! you'll look stupid as hell! Glad your schools being paid for by loans ... and don't go too far ahead of yourself with MED school ... it takes much more than money to get in. I've been paying for my own things since I got a first job when I was 13 yo and i've had more jobs than 90% of people my age (21). I don't care if you get an STI or whatever car ... all im saying is learn to respect it and not hurt other people in the long run.. ive lost a friend from stupid drivers ... dont go there

I'm not much of a lecturer, but I have to agree speaking from personal experience. My first car was a Plymouth Laser RS Turbo. 2 door 190hp turbo 5 speed manual. Was 19, but more like 14. I did so many stupid things in that little rocket that I'm surprised I didn't kill myself or someone else. My parents were crazy for letting me drive that thing.

Doesn't matter how much money you have, how much driving experience you have, how mature you think you are, how good your grades are, how goody two shoes you are, how much homework you do or how many friends you have...if you have a fast car, you're going to go fast.

That said, I had a ridiculous amount of fun and probably wouldn't have done things any differently had I driven an old clunker either.
    Not so much anymore.

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by degobah77 View Post
    I wouldn't have done things any differently had I driven an old clunker either.
    True statement. I've had the most fun driving beaters in autocross, rallycross, empty developing subdivisions than any "fast" car. My friends and I leave our regular cars at home and drive our rangers, jimmy's, old hondas, and all around crappy old cars to go racing wherever...like in the mud of a developing subdivision or wherever, or if we want to go hit up the town and be silly.

I drove my 84 Chevy Silverado to senior prom instead of my WRX..it was a longbed..so naturally it was better. People didn't call us stupid, to our surprise we actually got some respect, our old cars became "legendary." It definitely boosted our popularity in a positive way, it's all about personality of the drivers. It just so happens that we had sick nasty 80's pimp wagons with HUD's, automatic seatbelts, jerry rigged crap, and Digital Displays.

Quote Originally Posted by Haylem View Post
    My college is already paid off for, I have financial aid which gives me $500 per semester extra, once i'll be going into a four degree college, financial aid will cover most of it too if not all. After that i will be going for Med School and my parents will pay it off too or at least most of it. Money isn't a problem for now, I can tell you i'm grateful that my education is basically payed off and i can spend free money to do what i want. I never go out, because i'm usually stuck home doing homework. I work and saved up 15,000 in three years and probably spent only $200 on food or clothes. Sadly not everyone has their education paid off like i do, I definitely respect people who pay for their own college and can't afford to buy any "wants". Thanks for your information though.
    Ok, you need to take a step back and evaluate your situation. Student loans are no joke and I'm glad you feel confident that your parents will pay for all of your college. However, as a previous poster said, you are not guaranteed entrance to medical school nor are you guaranteed graduation from your undergrad. You honestly have no idea how you will do or what the future holds for you. I speak from experience as I've been through it all. Do not accept any financial aid you do not need for tuition or living expenses. Finally, as people have been trying to tell you, getting this car and spending $15k on it at 18 yo is very irresponsible. That money could be crucial for you during school. Good luck.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345