How much will 05 STi be on my Dad's Insurance. (Progressive) - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on How much will 05 STi be on my Dad's Insurance. (Progressive) within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by degobah77 Not sure how the speeding tkt thing works with insurance...10 years ago, I was 25-26 and ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by degobah77 View Post
    Not sure how the speeding tkt thing works with insurance...10 years ago, I was 25-26 and I got 2 reckless tickets within 6 months, both in an Isuzu Rodeo, going 90+. I was convicted of the first one, the county almost suspended my license, the state gave me the max amount of points you could get before the DMV auto-suspends it.... second one was dropped to a regular speeding tkt and my insurance never went up. In fact it went down as I was given good driver bonuses on the very next renewal.

So what's the deal with that? Most people say, yep, your insurance skyrockets after a tkt, but I don't think they look at your driver record unless you give them a reason to???
    Now that's just weird, because your insurance gets notifications when something like that happens that or they have people that constantly audit driving records of their clients to stay up to date on what happens. Accidents are probably the worst because they are immediately notified of what happened. But any Moving violation will stay on your insurance record for 3 years unlike how the points only stay on your license for 2. Or at least this is the case in Ohio.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I always assumed insurance companies pay a team to audit, review, and flag customer driving records. Maybe my guy was off that day...or maybe they focus more on how many claims you make. I've made one claim in my 18 years with the same company and it was not-my-fault vandalism covered by my comprehensive plan.
    Not so much anymore.

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by McBill View Post
    Now that's just weird, because your insurance gets notifications when something like that happens that or they have people that constantly audit driving records of their clients to stay up to date on what happens. Accidents are probably the worst because they are immediately notified of what happened. But any Moving violation will stay on your insurance record for 3 years unlike how the points only stay on your license for 2. Or at least this is the case in Ohio.
    Well nothing changes until your policy renews. And accidents aren't necessarily the worst. Every type of accident is coded and carries "weight" when they review your policy for renewal.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    I guess Drews is feeling better today, lots of excellent info given. Thank you. Maybe the good stuff can get copied and pasted into a thread. Everytime someone asks an insurance question they can just post the link and be done with it.

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wreckingball man View Post
    I guess Drews is feeling better today, lots of excellent info given. Thank you. Maybe the good stuff can get copied and pasted into a thread. Everytime someone asks an insurance question they can just post the link and be done with it.
    I keep meaning to do a big insurance thread...but I haven't sat down to do it yet.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

Well i guess here it is....Lot's of people commented on a lot of good insurance stuff, even though I wasn't expecting it haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    It might depend on the state you're in, but since it was the other drivers fault, their coverage OWES you a rental car. Here in FL, it's kind of the law. What people don't realize is what ever your liability coverage is, that's what pays for the claimant's rental. I would have gladly taken the Sonic. There is a caveat to the rental coverage though, at least here in FL. They insurance company owes you a similar vehicle if you use it for work. So if I used my truck for work, I could have expected that the insurance company would pay to rent me a 2500HD work truck.
    In CA as well--you have the right to a comparable vehicle but the way Farmer's (the at fault's insurer) determines what kind of rental is comparable is related to something like the number of seatbelts & another factor that I don't specifically remember. Sounded mostly like hogwash as they told me directly they do not match the luxury or performance of the damaged vehicle; I asked for a Camaro or Mustang. =)

I didn't take the Sonic as I would have had nowhere to put a surfboard for the 4 day weekend I had. @ $2/day the Camry was worth it so I could go surfing.

oh god.... another one of these kids.... i told off another kid already... and ill do the same. youre gonna be one of those kids near my neighborhood that drives nice cars like m3, g35, 350z, etc and crash and total them... ALL of them crashed because they tried racing each other. 1 guy got T-boned and died ... because he tried racing someone and got hit by a Hummer. I truly dislike kids like you...

Quote Originally Posted by blee5192 View Post
    oh god.... another one of these kids.... i told off another kid already...
    Whoa Whoa, hey now, SK is not "one of these kids."

I know you think you told him off but you should read what StreetKing said,
    I actually dont plan on owning a Subaru haha. I'd love an STI or a WRX but because of all of the advice I got.. 1, i cant afford.. 2, too much car.. 3, insurance..
    I think he's proved himself pretty mature, he listened to suggestions, never responded with an attitude, and he was interested in what people had to say, and I like him. He took other's advice.

If you're not referring to SK, then hey, nevermind.

I think he was talking about me? I'm the OP.

If you're not referring to SK, then hey, nevermind.
    but Haylem, maybe you should read: 15 Year Old Noob and consider NOT getting an STI for 15K at 18years old?

Quote Originally Posted by Haylem View Post
    I think he was talking about me? I'm the OP.
    I know you're OP, I'm talking about this lol:

Quote Originally Posted by blee5192 View Post
    i told off another kid already...
    The only word of advice I have for you OP is this. How much student loans will 15k pay off? That's a lot of school you could pay for, multiple semesters that you would'nt have to pay for later with interest. Plus if you get scholarships on top of that, damn son! Being a student currently, I know without a doubt what I would choose.

The only word of advice I have for you OP is this. How much student loans will 15k pay off? That's a lot of school you could pay for, multiple semesters that you would'nt have to pay for later with interest. Plus if you get scholarships on top of that, damn son! Being a student currently, I know without a doubt what I would choose.
    Being in college and having no money because I spent it all on a cool car (HTF do I pay for gas now?!) vs. buying a decent car (with better mileage too!) for maybe $4k and HAVING money to buy beer/take girls out/not eat at dining commons or friggin ramen? This is a no brainer to me too. Did the poor college student thing, wish I would have saved more from my work during high school.

Age doesn't matter, you could be 18 and drive a truck and still crash and kill or even get a ticket. Any automobile you drive is just the same as an STi driving down the street. It's just the matter of if you can afford to keep the STi and everything besides that is the owners choices whether if he was also a daredevil, or if he thinks he can be cool in front of his friends, because he has an STi. My topic wasn't even suppose to be about adults criticizing my age and having their concerns of me not getting an STi, my only concerns are if my insurance rates will be skyhigh or not if i set it on my dad's insurance. I actually already know what it is going to be in a estimate *$120*, I just thought i could help others or to create a fun thread of insurance rates from different Subaru owners. Maybe you can lecture someone else about this topic, but i've been a member for two days and i'm already tired of "adults" complaining. Thanks!

My college is already paid off for, I have financial aid which gives me $500 per semester extra, once i'll be going into a four degree college, financial aid will cover most of it too if not all. After that i will be going for Med School and my parents will pay it off too or at least most of it. Money isn't a problem for now, I can tell you i'm grateful that my education is basically payed off and i can spend free money to do what i want. I never go out, because i'm usually stuck home doing homework. I work and saved up 15,000 in three years and probably spent only $200 on food or clothes. Sadly not everyone has their education paid off like i do, I definitely respect people who pay for their own college and can't afford to buy any "wants". Thanks for your information though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.