Newbie with an 02 WRX! - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Newbie with an 02 WRX! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I like the white paint too. And the fog covers look good imo. Welcome....

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    I like the white paint too. And the fog covers look good imo. Welcome.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

whats the best loundness increase upgrade I can get?

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    A pissed off woman...

Quote Originally Posted by wreckingball man View Post
    A pissed off woman...
    Hell hath no fury like a woman's scorn for...anything guys love. (Kidding of course)

A CAI will increase the audible sound of the turbo spooling.

An exhaust will increase interior and exterior exhaust sounds (every brand has a different sound and a different loudness). You can go turbo back, cat back, or axle back.

I'm fairly new to the turbo world, but a blow off valve, bypass valve, or wastegate will also increase sounds produced by the turbo. However, at least with newer WRXs, upgrading this is not recommended because the stock valve is good ~22psi, and improper install/setup can lead to multiple problems.
    2014 Subaru WRX WRB Stage 1
    Stink-Eye Mob # 1.618

Previous Vehicles: 2010 Subaru Impreza 2.5i; 1997 Ford Mustang Cobra; 1998 Audi A4 1.8T; 1995 Ford Mustang
    A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster. - Jeremy Clarkson

Quote Originally Posted by wreckingball man View Post
    A pissed off woman...

Alright, slow down youngin...come up with a plan first. What do you want out of the car?

My suggestion is to VERIFY what is up with your suspension before you drop any more money onto mods. If you are riding on cut springs, you're not in a good place. Your struts would most likely be blown, and you're now on half of the springs you're supposed to be. If you end up crashing the car from something that fails in the suspension, then you won't even have a car to mod in the future.

As for used parts, they are a very good resource. Almost anything used is going to be a good bargain. Just pay attention to see if that part is in good shape. I'd just suggest staying away from used wear items such as used clutches, used struts, etc. But used exhaust components, used springs, used shifters, used wheels, used intercoolers, etc. can really save you a lot of money.

Also...READ and RESEARCH. For proper modification that increases power (downpipe addition to go Stage 2, adding an intake, upgrading the intercooler, etc.) you will need to tune for these mods to get the best gains and maintain safety of the engine.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

Man I'm so excited! However I have another car to fix and sell before before I can get started (1972 toyota fj40). Once that's all said and done, the modding will begin. I have another question- stock wrx wing or the STI wing?

Wingless.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

I want a wing. Tis feels disproportionate.

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Wingless with sti limited lip

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Hmmm. the lip is cool. but I have been biased to the one you can eat your cereal off of.

It's all personal preference on that. I'd say stock WRX wing or wingless

I do want a wing. hmmm.... and what are your opinions on mud flaps?

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Wingless FTW!

Classic progression IMO:

Under 23 years old -- "ZOMG?! I want a wing so that my car looks just like the hotwheels cars I played with only 3 years ago!1!!!q1"

Over 23 years old -- "Yeah, I should probably take the wing off so my boss doesn't think I drive like Paul Walker."
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Yobfriend View Post
    I do want a wing. hmmm.... and what are your opinions on mud flaps?
    They are stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Over 23 years old -- "Yeah, I should probably take the wing off so my boss doesn't think I drive like Paul Walker."

This is so true! Sometimes I feel that my car is a little ostentatious for a "professional." But I always loved WRB, and luckily the WRX wing is on the smaller side.
    2014 Subaru WRX WRB Stage 1
    Stink-Eye Mob # 1.618

Previous Vehicles: 2010 Subaru Impreza 2.5i; 1997 Ford Mustang Cobra; 1998 Audi A4 1.8T; 1995 Ford Mustang
    A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster. - Jeremy Clarkson

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.