turbo issue???

This is a discussion on turbo issue??? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I just bought a used 2002 wrx and it is in mint shape, lady driven. I have been bagging it, ...

turbo issue???

I just bought a used 2002 wrx and it is in mint shape, lady driven. I have been bagging it, haha, too fun to not! Anyway, a few days ago when I hit the throttle it will rev to like 5000 with no kick, then drop to 3000 and climb rpm with power. Is this my clutch? Turbo? Leak somewhere? Any suggestions on where to start trouble shooting is appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

HI , for the very little description that you told, and in my own personal opinion, seems like your clutch might be slipping,,,,,,,

German

Does not sound like turbo do you see especially if you are not seeing smoke behind the car

I Support ClubWRX
    Clutch.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Thanks, and foc u Lahey, haha. Pretty cool to see someone so far away appreciating Trailer park boys, they from same city as where I am originally from. Lahey and I got beef for reals

I Support ClubWRX
    He's retiring, you know. Bobandy will take over the supervisor reigns and look for a new assistant trailer park supervisor. I know though that he's retiring early (60) so he probably won't be getting the full OAS and CPP he could if he held on a fee more years.
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Haha, he's dirt poor and a piss tank in real life. Him and Randy have a two man show that is horrible, the novelty wears off in 10 minutes. His daughter on the show is Ellen Paige (Juno, Inception).

I am a stand up comic, one night he was at a show and heckled me and I buried him, he was trying to get into stand-up, didn't succeed.

Ricky and Julian used to show up at the night clubs in Halifax, were always a good laugh. Bubbles had his own night club with shopping carts hanging from the ceiling.

Do you know a good clutch to buy on ebay? I see some pretty cheap but scared they may be junk. I will install on my own, will probaably do fly wheel at same time, thus would be good to get whole package

I Support ClubWRX
    I would recommend an Exedy OEM equivalent kit plus a stock mass flywheel unless you are making over +75% stock power at least.

I feel John Dunsworth is the finest thespian in recorded history...