New WRX owner from Bay Area California
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New WRX owner from Bay Area California within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey everyone, My name is Chris from San Jose California. I just purchased a 2014 WRX soon to be delivered ...

New WRX owner from Bay Area California

Hey everyone, My name is Chris from San Jose California. I just purchased a 2014 WRX soon to be delivered on October 28th. I don't know much about the car except that it's fast. I fell in love with this car in 2011 when I went for a ride in my friends 2011 WRX. I hope to learn more about this beautiful vehicle and meet some new friends through this forum. If I don't die from anticipation I will post pics when she's delivered.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome! And congrats on your purchase. I bet you are very excited. They are awesome cars. My best advise to you, would be to research EVERY MOD before doing it. These cars are very tempermental to mods and many mods will require a tune. Enjoy your new car when you get it.

Did you get any add on's to the car? (i.e. spt exhaust, short throw shifter, etc.) Be sure to post pics up when you finally get it!
    2011 WRB WRX hatchback---Stage 2
    Stink-Eye Mob #301
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ld-thread.html <----Build Thread

Thanks you WRX-maniac. Yea, it comes with a SPT Catback exhaust. I didn't order it that way, just was already in there. It was really hard to find a new 2013 and 2014 sedan here in the Bay. So when they tracked a 14 down, I put down the deposit to make sure I get it.

Nice, the spt sounds good for what it is. Gives you a bit of the boxer rumble. Do you have any plans for the car as far as modding? Or do you plan on leaving it stock for the duration of the warranty?
    2011 WRB WRX hatchback---Stage 2
    Stink-Eye Mob #301
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ld-thread.html <----Build Thread

So far my budget will determine my mods. I will be using this vehicle for daily commuting and work (courier/delivery driver). I plan on a getting thicker sway bars and new wheels with a set of snow tires because I drive to Reno quite often. Other than that probably just a roof rack for snowboards until the warranty is up.

Congrats man! I just picked my STi up from stevens creek subaru last Friday. I'm also from the 408 can't wait to see you out there.

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Congratulations and welcome!

Thanks sicflip, wreckingball man.
    Congratulations on the STi sicflip!

Quote Originally Posted by Rhys31 View Post
    Hey everyone, My name is Chris from San Jose California. I just purchased a 2014 WRX soon to be delivered on October 28th. I don't know much about the car except that it's fast. I fell in love with this car in 2011 when I went for a ride in my friends 2011 WRX. I hope to learn more about this beautiful vehicle and meet some new friends through this forum. If I don't die from anticipation I will post pics when she's delivered.
    Hi Chris, i am from the bay area too. If you don't mind, would you tell me how much you paid for the 2014 WRX?

Welcome guys!
    Don't forget to check out the regional sub-forum and come to some meets!

Sent you a PM msubaru.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhys31 View Post
    Thanks you WRX-maniac. Yea, it comes with a SPT Catback exhaust. I didn't order it that way, just was already in there. It was really hard to find a new 2013 and 2014 sedan here in the Bay. So when they tracked a 14 down, I put down the deposit to make sure I get it.
    I had the same issue, I am in santa rosa I searched northern ca far and wide to find a regular gray WRX. I finally "settled" for one in Ukiah, it was a little more cash but I enjoy the SPT exhaust, short shifter, and sub.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.