My first WRX and I'm loving it!! but I need help with car sputtering

This is a discussion on My first WRX and I'm loving it!! but I need help with car sputtering within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey Guys! I just bought a 2009 WRX Wagon from Silverline Automotive. I Love everything about the WRX. Recently I ...

My first WRX and I'm loving it!! but I need help with car sputtering

Hey Guys! I just bought a 2009 WRX Wagon from Silverline Automotive. I Love everything about the WRX. Recently I noticed a sputtering problem. The car came with a full 3" TBE no resonators or cat. I believe it was an Nvidia. The sound was a bit too loud for me and sometimes it would back fire and smelt like it was running rich. so i had the shop put in a stock exhaust from the cat back. I also had the coil pack replaced. The car doesn't sputter in 1st or 2nd gear but in 3rd gear right before hitting boost it sputters and shakes a little. If I floor it kinda goes away. I'm not sure what is causing the problem? Idk if i need a tune or if the car had a previous tune. I have no check engine lights or anything.. Can anyone help with ideas?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    if the car was tuned for the full TBE and now you dont have one, you'll need to get the car remapped. i'd suggest taking it to a shop that specializes in tuning/building subarus so they can look over the car and find out if it's tuned or if there are any other modifications

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    ^This. Glad you like it. Hope you get that fixed and Welcome

Quote Originally Posted by wreckingball man View Post
    ^This. Glad you like it. Hope you get that fixed and Welcome

Thanks Guys! I'm going to take to PRE and see if they can reflash it to stock ecu, I hope thats the problem. I remember now that it sputtered even with the TBE on the car...