Decent sound

This is a discussion on Decent sound within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Does anyone have any ideas for a speaker upgrade to get at least some sound in a 2010 wrx sedan. ...

Decent sound

Does anyone have any ideas for a speaker upgrade to get at least some sound in a 2010 wrx sedan. I have heard that cut outs from factory are to small for a good quality speaker looking to get something around $200 to $300 just to replace factory. Any suggestions would great and much appreciated?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I am not sure about the 2010 speakers but maybe they would benefit from an HU upgrade
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

On the newer models .. I believe 11' or 10' above you can ... tune your stereo system
    1. turn off your stereo
    2. hold down #1 and hold down #2 Sedan Mode OR #1 and #3 Wagon mode OR and the BEST option is #1 and #4 (through mode)
    3. Turn on stereo and see the difference in sound quality

I believe it is much better than the other two settings of sedan and wagon

How to Make Subaru Stereo Better Louder | Subaru WRX / STI - YouTube
    Last edited by blee5192; 10-18-2013 at 12:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blee5192 View Post
    On the newer models .. I believe 11' or 10' above you can ... tune your stereo system
    1. turn off your stereo
    2. hold down #1 and hold down #2 and double tap the Tune knob for Sedan Mode OR #1 and #3 w/ the Tune knob double tap for Wagon mode OR and the BEST option is #1 and #4 and double tap Tune knob for Through mode)
    3. Turn on stereo and see the difference in sound quality

I believe it is much better than the other two settings of sedan and wagon

How to Make Subaru Stereo Better Louder | Subaru WRX / STI - YouTube
    Last edited by Zataks; 10-18-2013 at 01:13 PM. Reason: formatting

I Support ClubWRX
    Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right B A Start gives you access to some secret menu options.

In all seriousness, though...
    Quote Originally Posted by roadster20th
    Does anyone have any ideas for a speaker upgrade to get at least some sound in a 2010 wrx sedan. I have heard that cut outs from factory are to small for a good quality speaker looking to get something around $200 to $300 just to replace factory. Any suggestions would great and much appreciated?
    The speakers aren't the biggest weakpoint in the factory audio system; the H/U is.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Polk Audio is a great brand for speakers with a lot of options depending on how much you want to spend.

Upgrading the headunit alone will increase the sound quality of the stock speakers (but the stock speakers aren't great)

If you are going to upgrade the speakers, you should do the whole system and get an amp and headunit. You will hear a major upgrade in speakers. Make sure you take a look at the Car Audio/Video forum for suggestions on speakers.

You don't need to spend tons of money to put together a really fantastic audio system, it can be for well under $1000.
    2014 Subaru WRX WRB Stage 1
    Stink-Eye Mob # 1.618

Previous Vehicles: 2010 Subaru Impreza 2.5i; 1997 Ford Mustang Cobra; 1998 Audi A4 1.8T; 1995 Ford Mustang
    A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster. - Jeremy Clarkson