Help the new girl - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Help the new girl within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Unfortunatley my car is not manual. Also my back speakers blew on me a few weeks after I signed my ...

Unfortunatley my car is not manual. Also my back speakers blew on me a few weeks after I signed my lease and subaru refused to replace them so I will have to buy new rear speakers when I go to get the system. I havent had the greatest of luck with my car. It was sold to me with a broken tie rod end as well. Thank you for all the information
    Quote Originally Posted by Nayrb37 View Post
    Headunit:
    Alpine is my personal favorite and I only use their head units. They offer great features and a wide variety of fine tuning capability.
    Pioneer is second, Pioneer offers a lot of great features, but their audio fine tuning isn't quite up to par with Alpine.

Front Speakers:
    Get a good quality component set for the fronts, such as Polk Audio (MM series) or Focal. But make sure you check out an audio shop first and listen to the speakers you want to buy, some people don't like the sound of Focals and prefer something less "bright". But it really comes down to what sounds best to you, and in your price range.

Rear Speakers:
    Coaxial speakers are sufficient. The rear speakers are really for people sitting in the back or just a bit of low end to supplement the front speakers. Sometimes, even stock rear speakers can be sufficient with an aftermarket amp.

Amp:
    Look for a 4 channel Class A/B amp. Try to avoid Class D amps unless they have specific technology for powering components. Typically, Class D amps are best for subs because they are smaller, draw less power, and the wave shape doesn't distort the bass. But Class Ds can reduce the audio quality of a good component speaker set. JL Audio makes a great Class D for powering components, but it is $$$.

Sub:
    Unless you are going to be blasting rap music, get one nice 10 inch or even 8 inch sub. JL Audio W3s are great for the price. Audio Integrations makes really nice enclosures that tuck into the corner of the trunk just behind the wheel.

A really powerful and impressive sounding audio system can be put together for under $1000 if you bargain shop, and aren't having a shop install everything. But the audio upgrade is so important over the stock radio. (Plus if you get a WRX in the future you can probably just transfer everything over to the new car.)

I didn't see it mentioned, but if your car is a manual, a short throw shifter will make a world of difference! Kartboy makes a really nice kit with bushings, but others around here will recommend other brands as well.

Good luck with everything! Sorry if all the information is over complicated or a little overwhelming.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Subarugrl21 View Post
    Unfortunatley my car is not manual. Also my back speakers blew on me a few weeks after I signed my lease and subaru refused to replace them so I will have to buy new rear speakers when I go to get the system. I havent had the greatest of luck with my car. It was sold to me with a broken tie rod end as well. Thank you for all the information
    Subaru refused to replace rear blown speakers? Throw some more squeak in that wheel. You will get the greece.

In other words, make a louder word at subaru. If you didn't call SOA (subaru of america) than do it. If they know you are unhappy over crappy paper speakers in the back doors they will be replaced.

Its been three years now. Everything is out of warranty. I wish I would've thought about calling them before my warranties ran out.
    Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    Subaru refused to replace rear blown speakers? Throw some more squeak in that wheel. You will get the greece.

In other words, make a louder word at subaru. If you didn't call SOA (subaru of america) than do it. If they know you are unhappy over crappy paper speakers in the back doors they will be replaced.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123