Soon to be WRX owner
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Soon to be WRX owner within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello everybody! I just put a deposit down on an incoming 2014 Ice Silver Metallic WRX Sedan (base) at the ...

Soon to be WRX owner

Hello everybody!
    I just put a deposit down on an incoming 2014 Ice Silver Metallic WRX Sedan (base) at the dealer down the road. Should arrive by the end of the month which will hopefully give me a chance to sell my current car (scion tc). Going to visit the dealer on Friday to take another test drive and maybe talk some numbers. They gave me a price of $25,271 before TTL. Thats the best price ive seen since ive started looking for these cars in my area but i have a few questions for yall.

1. Does this sound like an ok price? Seen prices others posted and its a little higher. Does that have to do with location, demand for the car or how many cars the dealer sells? I live in the south so subies arent very popular.

2. The car has the short shifter installed already but i was interested in foglights and maybe the arm rest extension. How should i go about trying to get these maybe thrown into the deal?

3. If i am not able to sell my car before then and end up trading it in, do dealers ever sweeten the deal? or am i just going to have to take what theyll give me?

Thanks in advance, cant wait to own one of these cars!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

bump.

any advice? im going in on friday!

I Support ClubWRX
    Sounds like a fair price to me based on other prices people have shared. Generally if you trade in a car you can haggle with them on the trade in amount, but you won't get as much as you would in a private party sale, so if you don't need the money for your downpayment, then I would recommend trying to sell it yourself. As far as stock fogs, they are a waste of money. If you can get them free then whatever, but if you are looking for functional fogs then get aftermarket lights. You can't even tell when you turn on the stock fog lamps, which is why I passed on them.

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated!
    I dont have any experience with buying a new car so i was wondering if i should even bring up the fact that i may have a car to trade in when i go up there on friday. car doesnt arrive until the 31st so i have a little time to sell it privately (its already listed). with the low interest in the car so far, it seems like trading it in is going to be what happens :/

also thanks for the advice on the fogs. I mainly like the way they look but if they arent functional then ill pass on those.

I Support ClubWRX
    Just FYI, there are a million threads on prices on here. Just search and you can find a lot.

To your question, that does seem like a fair price. Also, an FYI, prices will vary from state to state and region to region. $25,271 seems right on par with base models here in NJ.
    http://shiftinglanes.com
    '14 DGM WRX Limited Hatch
    I'm a build thread?
    Stink-eye Mob #49

awesome and thanks! i have been trying to read as many threads as possible on here to familiarize myself with everything in the subaru world.

does it make a difference if you have say a 10k trade in or 10k added to your down payment or is it basically the same?

Just took delivery on my SWEET 2014 dark grey metallic base sedan. I got the spoiler and fog lights (Which ARE functional). I told them I was only going to pay $27,000.00 including delivery and thats what I paid. Happy with the price. They gave me $8,000.00 for my 2007 Audi A4 - not bad. trade in and down payment are same thing if you own the trade in outright. This car is a blast! A kid I work with saw mine and is trading in brand new pick up for one just like mine. His isn't even built yet and could take 2 to 3 months. I lucked out and the dealer I went to already had one coming - they put my options on at the port and I had it 1 week later. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wrx.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	107.9 KB 
ID:	119433

Awesome and thanks for the info! DGM was my second color choice. I love the silver for some reason, so thats what im getting. My car isnt in yet so i test drove one they had on the lot. It was a hatch and for a few minutes i almost started to like the hatch but then i got into a sedan on the showroom floor and i snapped out of it hahaha. I also realized how soft the clutch is on this car while on the test drive. I have driven it before but didnt really pay attention i guess. Stalled it once. XD Gotta try to sell my car privately because theyre only gonna give me like 6ish for my car. (07 scion tc with 55k miles) If i can get around 9k i will be happy. Cant wait to own this car though, theyre amazing!

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Congratulations! How did you like the A4?

I live in Washington where Subarus (especially the WRX/STi) sell like hot cakes; I had to drive over an hour south just to find a dealer with a base WRX, and it wasn't even on the lot, I waited for it to ship in. I ended up paying a little more than many people on here ($26.5k with STi STS/ STi shift knob) and never look back for a second. If you can afford the payment and love the car, then go for it. No point in lollygagging over a few hundred bucks here or there on a $25-27k purchase, which will end up literally being a few bucks a month, to then miss out on a car you'll really enjoy. Enjoy your new Subie!
    **Stink-Eye Mob Member #96**

2013 Rex Hatch Rally Blue
    Crying over money spent on this car and my obsession with hi-fi/ audiophile goodies

"I would buy that car if I was the sort of person who looked at my sister and thought, mmmmmm." -Jeremy Clarkson, referencing the Ford Mustang

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.