Picking up a new WRX hatch on Wednesday

This is a discussion on Picking up a new WRX hatch on Wednesday within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I first joined this forum in 2003 after I bought a new 2002 WRX hatch. I recall making some posts ...

Picking up a new WRX hatch on Wednesday

I first joined this forum in 2003 after I bought a new 2002 WRX hatch. I recall making some posts but the data says otherwise. No problem.

I am flying to Phoenix on Wednesday to pick up a new WRX base model 5 door. I live near Denver and have been trying to get one here with no luck. Even if the dealers could get me one I wanted they would not deal on the price. I started checking dealers in the rest of Colorado, Wyoming, Utah, New Mexico and finally found a dealer in Scottsdale, Arizona who didn't have the color I wanted but could do a dealer trade for it. On top of that without me even asking they knocked nearly $2,000 off the MSRP and got me a better lease than the special Subaru is advertising.

Since this will be a year round daily driver I have been looking around this website to find out what wheels and tire sizes will fit on the 2014. I found one post that stated that the 2002 16" wheels will fit on the newer cars. Does that also mean that any year WRX wheels will work on the 2014? Can anyone confirm that this is true?

Thanks,

Skip

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Welcome back Still have the bugeye?

In order to fit wheels on your car they must have the same lug pattern. Also, if you want them to perform well and not potentially prematurely wear suspension components, you will need to stick as close to the stock wheels specs for your car as possible. I believe the '14 WRX wheel specs are 17x8" +53 5x100 (Someone correct if wrong).

I found this thread a while back, hope it helps you out a little bit.
    Master thread of OEM Subaru Wheel Specs - NASIOC
    Last edited by wreckingball man; 10-13-2013 at 05:21 PM.

Did you ever try Hueberger in Colorado Springs. I was able to get a base before options for 24,298.

As far as the wheels go. I was told the 2002 WRX wheels would work so I went with those.

^^^ Hueberger FTW. Welcome, you'll love the 14
    2014 Subaru WRX
    COBB SF Intake l Catless Invidia N1 Race l Torqued Performance Stage 2 Tune
    Stink-Eye Mob #0022
    Build Thread
    First Mods, what to do and not to do

Quote Originally Posted by wreckingball man View Post
    Welcome back Still have the bugeye?

In order to fit wheels on your car they must have the same lug pattern. Also, if you want them to perform well and not potentially prematurely wear suspension components, you will need to stick as close to the stock wheels specs for your car as possible. I believe the '14 WRX wheel specs are 17x7" +48 5x100 (Someone correct if wrong).

I found this thread a while back, hope it helps you out a little bit.
    Master thread of OEM Subaru Wheel Specs - NASIOC
    Thanks for the welcome. I traded the Bugeye in on a 2005 Legacy GT wagon with 5M. Wish I still had that car but the new WRX should be a good substitute.

According to the NASIOC link almost all Subies have 5 x 100 bolt pattern other than the later STi's and the SVT, So as long as the offset is close and they clear the brakes just about any Subaru wheel should fit. I want to go with 16" snow tires in a 205 width.

Skip

Quote Originally Posted by wreckingball man View Post
    I believe the '14 WRX wheel specs are 17x7" +48 5x100 (Someone correct if wrong).
    If the 2014 is the same as the 2011-2013 WRX, then the wheel specs are 17X8", +53, 5X100...

Welcome!
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Just got back from Scottsdale, AZ where I picked up the new WRX. Once I left I-17 north of Phoenix to head for Jerome the car was on two lane roads only until the Cisco onramp on I-70 in eastern Utah. We made a side trip up the Moki Dugway in southern Utah. 3 Miles of switchbacks to climb 1,100 ft. Spectacular scenery and road which is dirt with some of the switchbacks paved to prevent erosion. Moki Dugway

The car ran great and averaged 26+ mpg. It's sitting in my garage with exactly 999 miles on it. It will get its first oil chance tomorrow and a good cleaning. I'm looking forward to a long term relationship with this car.
    2014 Crazy Cart
    2014 WRX 5 door base model
    2013 5/8ths scale Lotus 7 http://s1261.photobucket.com/user/sc...brary/Baby%207
    2011 Ram 1500
    2004 Caterham 7 SV http://www.britishv8.org/Other/SkipCannon.htm
    1992 Mazda Miata