2014 WRX 5 Door
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2014 WRX 5 Door within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi everyone! I am a first time Subie owner and I picked up my 2014 GF WRX last Monday. Not ...

2014 WRX 5 Door

Hi everyone! I am a first time Subie owner and I picked up my 2014 GF WRX last Monday. Not like they can really be compared, but what a difference from a '09 6MT Mazda6! I already have 500 miles on it and can't wait to finish breaking it in. The car is amazing! First plan - tinting the windows so it'll look extra sexy. Then snow tires and a bunch more. Does anyone suggest getting new wheels along with snow tires?

Looking forward to checking out everyone's awesome photos, ideas, and suggestions!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Subaru.jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Hello, I personally suggest getting new wheels for Summer tires and using stock rims for winter tires - or steelies for winter. FYI if you go steelies you can mount 16" and winter tires, they are a bit cheaper.

Here's my 2013 - this is what it could look like if you tinted

~ jtk07~
    using Tapatalk - please disregard typos!

Nice! Thanks for the suggestion and the pic, looks great!

Here's mine with 15% all around so you have another idea

Welcome :-)
    2013 WRX Premium SWP HB Stage 2
    1976 Corvette Stingray black
    2008 WRX Basic CBS HB TRADED IN
    2002 WRX Basic WRB SOLD

Welcome! I picked up a set of 2002 WRX alloys for a winter set. I am also looking for tires now. I think it will be nice just swapping wheels and tires.

Welcome! Not sure what state you're from, but if you have real winters like I do, invest in a winter wheel/tire set. Personally, I have a set of 215/55R16 Blizzak WS70s on 16" steelies for my WRX. The narrower tires help cut through snow and larger sidewalls will be more forgiving against potholes. Another reason to go with 16" tires for your winter set: cost. They're cheaper than 17" tires.

Also, consider getting a set of Rally Armor flaps. They will help protect the fenders from rock chips and debris.

Quote Originally Posted by JimboWRX View Post
    Welcome! Not sure what state you're from, but if you have real winters like I do, invest in a winter wheel/tire set. Personally, I have a set of 215/55R16 Blizzak WS70s on 16" steelies for my WRX. The narrower tires help cut through snow and larger sidewalls will be more forgiving against potholes. Another reason to go with 16" tires for your winter set: cost. They're cheaper than 17" tires.

Also, consider getting a set of Rally Armor flaps. They will help protect the fenders from rock chips and debris.
    I'm also from New York; Long Island! So I will need legit tires for the winter. The Rally Armor Flaps are a definite for me...plus they look awesome!

Thanks everyone for the photos and advice!

Quote Originally Posted by avenger73 View Post
    I'm also from New York; Long Island! So I will need legit tires for the winter. The Rally Armor Flaps are a definite for me...plus they look awesome!

Thanks everyone for the photos and advice!
    Where abouts on LI? I'm in Medford.

Quote Originally Posted by RichD514 View Post
    Where abouts on LI? I'm in Medford.
    Wow. Ronkonkoma!

I Support ClubWRX
    From the Konk (as Collin Quinn would call it). If you dont want to spend much on winter wheels 16" steel wheels will clear your brakes. Winter tires/wheels for a 2011 WRX hatch - Subaru WRX Forum: WRX Forums
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Congrats! Just picked mine up the other day. Same here, first time scubie owner and I love it. Enjoy!
    2014 Subaru WRX Hatch - White

Quote Originally Posted by avenger73 View Post
    Wow. Ronkonkoma!
    Nice! There's a few other islanders kicking around here..but mostly seem to be in the Nassau area. Nice to finally have someone local! Maybe one of these days I'll get around putting together a LI meet/cruise. I've really wanted to do a nice montauk run one of these days. Now that autumn is finally arriving..it might be the perfect time! After all...turbos LOVE this crisp cool weather!

Quote Originally Posted by Hijaked View Post
    Congrats! Just picked mine up the other day. Same here, first time scubie owner and I love it. Enjoy!

Thanks and Congrats too

Quote Originally Posted by RichD514 View Post
    Nice! There's a few other islanders kicking around here..but mostly seem to be in the Nassau area. Nice to finally have someone local! Maybe one of these days I'll get around putting together a LI meet/cruise. I've really wanted to do a nice montauk run one of these days. Now that autumn is finally arriving..it might be the perfect time! After all...turbos LOVE this crisp cool weather!
    You are certainly right about that! Sounds awesome, keep me in mind!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.