Another inductee to the fold
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Another inductee to the fold within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; On Saturday I bit the bullet and bought a crystal black silica 2014 WRX Limited 5-door with short-throw shift. A ...

Another inductee to the fold

On Saturday I bit the bullet and bought a crystal black silica 2014 WRX Limited 5-door with short-throw shift. A couple hundred miles later, she's already been washed and waxed once and I'm starting to plan some very basic mods. Definitely going to tint the windows and stick a rear bumper protector on so my dogs don't gouge the paint. Also, as I live in a pretty arid region where spring and fall windstorms cause massive tumbleweed migrations across the freeways, I need to get a lower grill to protect the radiator. So far I've only seen one brand, and they make matching lower, upper, and hood scoop grills, so I'll probably go that route and hope it doesn't make me look like a teenager. If I do go with all three of those, I'll probably also upgrade to the Hella horns while doing the upper grill. Also, I need to get some all weather tires within the next 6-8 weeks, preferably on the cheap but not too loud end of the spectrum. I wouldn't mind improving the exhaust note a bit, but definitely do NOT want anything obnoxiously loud.

Anyhow, just thought I'd say hi. Very much enjoying my new ride at this point.
    Last edited by livendive; 10-07-2013 at 11:26 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome!

As far as the exhaust I just went with an axle back (cheaper). Good for sound but that's about it. I went with the brand nameless but im not sure if they make anything for the hatch or not. Someone will chime in shortly!
    2011 Wrx Limited Sedan Silver. Nameless muffler delete, Kartboy Short throw w/ cobb knob, Rally Armor mud flaps, 30% tint... Goodbye warranty Cobb AP v3 and Sf intake. Stink-eye mob #1993

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Welcome!

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Welcome

Welcome lets see some pics! In KS we have some horrible winds too so the grille mod doesn't sound like a bad idea at all! Can you post a link to what you have found so far? I would like to see what they look like.

Quote Originally Posted by S20002STI View Post
    Welcome lets see some pics! In KS we have some horrible winds too so the grille mod doesn't sound like a bad idea at all! Can you post a link to what you have found so far? I would like to see what they look like.
    So far the only one I've found is GrillCraft, which you can see here. I need to make a couple more posts before the forums will let me post pictures.

Edit to add: Looks like it comes in black too (vs that silver/steel shade). http://www.grillcraft.com/applicatio...RX.aspx/1/870/
    Last edited by livendive; 10-08-2013 at 12:50 PM.

Don't bother with a hood scoop grill. You will block airflow by upwards of 20-30% to the intercooler, which can harm performance as the charge cooling efficiency will be greatly reduced.

Dust/pebbles/rocks won't cause any problems considering the scoop is sitting at an angle and won't be susceptible to direct impacts.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

Welcome and I did get a bird in my top grill lol
    2013 WRX Premium SWP HB Stage 2
    1976 Corvette Stingray black
    2008 WRX Basic CBS HB TRADED IN
    2002 WRX Basic WRB SOLD

Doesn't look too bad. I prefer the stock look I guess. If I were to do it I would have to go with the black.

Agreed, I like the stock mesh more, I just haven't found a lower grill that would match the stock upper grill. If I could find that mesh, I could probably craft something myself that would protect my radiator from tumbleweeds without being so obtrusive.

It appears I'm able to post pictures now. This may look just like everyone else's '13 or' 14 WRX, but this one is mine!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20131006_090809-1.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	66.0 KB 
ID:	118321

Name:	20131006_132927.jpg 
Size:	132.0 KB 
ID:	118329

Name:	20131006_115538-1-1-1-1.jpg 
Size:	78.4 KB 
ID:	118337

Name:	20131006_115605-1.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	71.9 KB 
ID:	118345

Name:	20131006_115630-1.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	90.0 KB 
ID:	118361

Winter mode - activate. 215/55R16 GT Radial Ice Pro tires on MB Wheels Vectors. Definitely not as sharp as the stock tires cornering on dry pavement, but with temps forecast in the teens tomorrow, it was time.

Name:	winter-mode.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	78.8 KB 
ID:	122946
    2014 Limited WRX hatch, crystal black silica

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.