thinking of going subaru after my lease
Results 1 to 11 of 11

This is a discussion on thinking of going subaru after my lease within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys just signed up. I made the mistake of leasing a Hyundai because of the bs 40mpg rating it ...

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    11

    thinking of going subaru after my lease

    Hey guys just signed up. I made the mistake of leasing a Hyundai because of the bs 40mpg rating it had but the lease is up in March. I never leased before so do I need to return the lease to.the Hyundai dealer or can I drive it and leave it at the Subaru dealer when the time comes? The wrx is a bit over budget but damn they seem great for the price. Are 2015s coming out soon? Thx guys

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Registered User velociraptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Grand Ledge, MI
    Posts
    114
    You can sell the car anytime before the lease. The WRX is a bang for the buck. You will not be sad.
    Stink eye mob #682
    Money can't buy happiness. But it can buy race car parts.... that'll make me happy
    07 Mazda 3 S Touring 5 MT - SOLD
    12 Charger R/T Red pearl triple coat , wheels and tunes group - SOLD
    14 WRB WRX Hatch premium SPT STS, SPT CBE, SPT BG, Sub, RA Mudflaps,front plate delete, KB shifter bushings , Tic Pivot bushings , Enkei RPF1s 17x8

  4. #3
    Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Davey Jones Locker
    Posts
    8,495
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by velociraptor View Post
    You can sell the car anytime before the lease. The WRX is a bang for the buck. You will not be sad.
    That depends on lots of things. I don't think that the WRX is the best bang for your buck. I'd much rather have a Focus ST.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS


    Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

    Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

  5. #4
    Registered User InfaRedd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pa
    Posts
    23
    I'm in the same boat. Only, my lease isn't up until 2015. It's etched in stone I'll be buying a 2015 WRX black Sedan.

    You can opt out of your lease early, but there are some hefty penalties. Every dealership is different though. It's sort of like breaking your lease on an apartment, but with more money at stake.
    Last edited by InfaRedd; 10-06-2013 at 08:46 PM.
    Current Car: 2013 Scion FR-S Raven 6MT

    Future Cars: 02-04 WRX (Still looking) - 2014 WRX hatch.

  6. #5
    Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Davey Jones Locker
    Posts
    8,495
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by InfaRedd View Post
    I'm in the same boat. Only, my lease isn't up until 2015. It's etched in stone I'll be buying a 2015 WRX black hatchback.

    You can opt out of your lease early, but there are some hefty penalties. Every dealership is different though. It's sort of like breaking your lease on an apartment, but with more money at stake.
    Not always. Depending on the state you live in, it can cost you what you'd owe the entire lease of the property unless you find someone else to rent it. Plus you'll lose your security deposit. Hopefully your car payment is significantly less than your rent payment. Otherwise, you're doing it wrong.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS


    Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

    Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

  7. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Boca Raton, FL
    Posts
    171
    Leasing has little to do with your dealer. Look at your contract and see what the end of lease process is. The lender that holds you lease will have a specific process to return the car to them. The dealer will certainly want you to return the car to them, but all they are really doing is getting someone who needs a car into their dealership. The leasing company will most likely just send an inspector to the dealership instead of your house and pick up the car there. Or if the lease buy out is favorable, the dealer may just buy the lease from the lender.
    If you do choose to trade the car in early, keep in mind that you will still pay for every lease payment, so if there are 10 payments left at $250 ea, you are still going to pay the $2500 as if you were still using the car. This can be offset by the fact that the car may be worth more then the residual because it will have less milage and by not as old as when the lease ends. I sold a 2008 VW R32 this way. The residual was $16,800 and I still owed $4000 in lease payments, I sold the car for $21,500 and pocketed a few hundred dollars.

  8. #7
    Registered User velociraptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Grand Ledge, MI
    Posts
    114
    Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    That depends on lots of things. I don't think that the WRX is the best bang for your buck. I'd much rather have a Focus ST.
    What things would make you choose the ST? If you are talking about MPG and Recaros , I get your point. But I won't sacrifice drivetrain ( AWD vs FWD) for that. When those 270 lbft hits the tires @ 2500 RPM and induces massive wheelspin and torque steer you won't like it. I know I won't. Also, the ST is a little more cramped feel compared to the rex. For me both will feel cramped as I will be moving from my Charger, but I felt the Focus had little less room.

    While I respect your opinion, I feel WRX is surely a bang for the buck. Because its only AWD performance 4 door available for that price. Nobody could just beat that.
    Stink eye mob #682
    Money can't buy happiness. But it can buy race car parts.... that'll make me happy
    07 Mazda 3 S Touring 5 MT - SOLD
    12 Charger R/T Red pearl triple coat , wheels and tunes group - SOLD
    14 WRB WRX Hatch premium SPT STS, SPT CBE, SPT BG, Sub, RA Mudflaps,front plate delete, KB shifter bushings , Tic Pivot bushings , Enkei RPF1s 17x8

  9. #8
    Registered User Subiesaurus-WRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Delco, PA
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by velociraptor View Post
    What things would make you choose the ST? If you are talking about MPG and Recaros , I get your point. But I won't sacrifice drivetrain ( AWD vs FWD) for that. When those 270 lbft hits the tires @ 2500 RPM and induces massive wheelspin and torque steer you won't like it. I know I won't. Also, the ST is a little more cramped feel compared to the rex. For me both will feel cramped as I will be moving from my Charger, but I felt the Focus had little less room.

    While I respect your opinion, I feel WRX is surely a bang for the buck. Because its only AWD performance 4 door available for that price. Nobody could just beat that.
    V, it is not that cramped. I took a tape measure to the back of my Charger's seats to the front seats and it is the same. For space what you are giving up is the front engine (2.5L vs. 5.7L) and trunk (2 bodies vs. 1 body). Obviously it is not as wide. Overall, good space and better performance.
    2013 WRX PBP

  10. #9
    Registered User S20002STI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Garden City, KS
    Posts
    331
    Quote Originally Posted by velociraptor View Post
    What things would make you choose the ST? If you are talking about MPG and Recaros , I get your point. But I won't sacrifice drivetrain ( AWD vs FWD) for that. When those 270 lbft hits the tires @ 2500 RPM and induces massive wheelspin and torque steer you won't like it. I know I won't. Also, the ST is a little more cramped feel compared to the rex. For me both will feel cramped as I will be moving from my Charger, but I felt the Focus had little less room.

    While I respect your opinion, I feel WRX is surely a bang for the buck. Because its only AWD performance 4 door available for that price. Nobody could just beat that.
    I have come to notice that Drew is just "that guy" on the forum. I wouldn't read too much into his posts. Nothing against him but for the most part they seem generally negative and anti subaru for some reason.

  11. #10
    Registered User velociraptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Grand Ledge, MI
    Posts
    114
    Quote Originally Posted by Subiesaurus-WRX View Post
    V, it is not that cramped. I took a tape measure to the back of my Charger's seats to the front seats and it is the same. For space what you are giving up is the front engine (2.5L vs. 5.7L) and trunk (2 bodies vs. 1 body). Obviously it is not as wide. Overall, good space and better performance.
    Subiesaurus - nice profile name , wonder if you have a long neck and feed on grass , LOL ! Do you own an R/T?

    I see, but when I sat I felt so and I had to push the seat back a little further than I would do on the R/T. This made the backseat legroom a little bit crampy.I defintely felt this car to be nimble as my previous Mazda3. I know I will miss the HEMI, but, hey then you have a rumbling flat 4 and small turbo to tickle you !
    Last edited by velociraptor; 10-08-2013 at 04:22 AM.
    Stink eye mob #682
    Money can't buy happiness. But it can buy race car parts.... that'll make me happy
    07 Mazda 3 S Touring 5 MT - SOLD
    12 Charger R/T Red pearl triple coat , wheels and tunes group - SOLD
    14 WRB WRX Hatch premium SPT STS, SPT CBE, SPT BG, Sub, RA Mudflaps,front plate delete, KB shifter bushings , Tic Pivot bushings , Enkei RPF1s 17x8

  12. #11
    Registered User velociraptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Grand Ledge, MI
    Posts
    114
    Quote Originally Posted by S20002STI View Post
    I have come to notice that Drew is just "that guy" on the forum. I wouldn't read too much into his posts. Nothing against him but for the most part they seem generally negative and anti subaru for some reason.
    I wondered so. Though, his sig has lot of subies mentioned in it.
    Stink eye mob #682
    Money can't buy happiness. But it can buy race car parts.... that'll make me happy
    07 Mazda 3 S Touring 5 MT - SOLD
    12 Charger R/T Red pearl triple coat , wheels and tunes group - SOLD
    14 WRB WRX Hatch premium SPT STS, SPT CBE, SPT BG, Sub, RA Mudflaps,front plate delete, KB shifter bushings , Tic Pivot bushings , Enkei RPF1s 17x8

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •