thinking of getting a new sti - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on thinking of getting a new sti within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Not putting miles on your car is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Not putting miles on your car is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    Not putting miles on your car is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend.
    Hahahaha that's hilarious

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk now Free

I've only been here a short while, but I really dislike Drew's attitude.

Now, if there is anyone out there like me, I take great enjoyment in driving just to drive on some days. I don't live in a place that has crazy traffic, and I don't drive during rush hour, but I can make one arguement. I drive a CRX, which could be argued to be a beater (ok, it is!) or a fun car, or both. Its not fast, but I take plenty of enjoyment in flogging it every once in awhile, and even though I'm just going to work, the drive is that much more enjoyable for me. If I was driving an auto minivan, sure I still get to work, but driving the CRX is kind of like a stress relief, your own little place, you just hop in and cruise. There is absolutely nothing wrong with driving a Ferarri daily to work, provided you can afford it and enjoy it. The CRX is not completely practical, but it is a very raw experience, one that many cars nowadays don't provide.
    Last edited by Jbeckforever; 10-08-2013 at 06:02 PM.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Meh, I don't see the point in having two cars.

Then again I mod and drive cars until they're unusable as a DD
    2015 CWP WRX STi on order ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax' Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    The REAL 'WTF Tuning?!' Progenitor
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero | Blobeye Synd. #Tree-Fiddy
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbeckforever View Post
    I've only been here a short while, but I really dislike Drew's attitude.

Now, if there is anyone out there like me, I take great enjoyment in driving just to drive on some days. I don't live in a place that has crazy traffic, and I don't drive during rush hour, but I can make one arguement. I drive a CRX, which could be argued to be a beater (ok, it is!) or a fun car, or both. Its not fast, but I take plenty of enjoyment in flogging it every once in awhile, and even though I'm just going to work, the drive is that much more enjoyable for me. If I was driving an auto minivan, sure I still get to work, but driving the CRX is kind of like a stress relief, your own little place, you just hop in and cruise. There is absolutely nothing wrong with driving a Ferarri daily to work, provided you can afford it and enjoy it. The CRX is not completely practical, but it is a very raw experience, one that many cars nowadays don't provide.
    Great post, god bless.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

I Support ClubWRX
    Let's leave personal attacks and political references out of this thread so that I can keep it open.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

--Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

GENIUS! haha

To the OP, I bought a '11 WRX last December and not even a year later (9 months actually) I traded it for a '11 STi I found in town. Why'd I buy that as my DD when I had a WRX (which is a pretty good DD IMO)? Because I wanted a STi all along, and I finally put my money where my mouth was (seriously, ask my friends, I talked about getting a STi for the longest time haha). I, too, don't live in an area with heavy traffic (aside from the idiot motorists slowing down to look at an accident) so it's not bad though, but I do enough driving to and from work that I fill up (from a 1/4 tank) every 5 days (when I'm good, I've been getting 22.8mpg on Shell V-Power). I obviously didn't buy it for the gas mileage.

Anyway, back to the point. I LOVE DDing my STi. It makes going to and from work more fun especially since there are certain routes I can take home that take me through some really fun roads. If you can afford it then I say get the STi.

+1 on the above

I drive my RWD R/T in the winter. If you are buying a low slung 100k exotic and don't want to plow the snow, I get the point. But people who garage their 30k 350Zs, Mustang GTs, Challengers, Camaros for the winter are missing the car for almost 5 months a year. As an enthusiast I can't take it.I'd say drive the heck out of it. Now, snow tires are a definite must for these RWD machines, and 4 of them, not just on the drive wheels. If you put some snow shoes, these things could be tanks in the snow. Plus you can have some tail out fun if you want to in a parking lot. I'd take a RWD with snow tires than an AWD with no season tires.Several sports car manufacturers like Porsche, Merc, Jaguar have winter driving programs where they explain how to drive your car in the winter and how to take care of them.

Winter or not, your car will have some rust eventually. So enjoy them by driving them and not just waxing and storing in your garage ! Live this moment and don't think of a stupid auction 10 years later.

Check this simple article if you want to see what some brainy ones gotta say

Best thing for sports car in winter? Drive it - Wheels.ca
    Stink eye mob #682
    Money can't buy happiness. But it can buy race car parts.... that'll make me happy
    07 Mazda 3 S Touring 5 MT - SOLD
    12 Charger R/T Red pearl triple coat , wheels and tunes group - SOLD
    14 WRB WRX Hatch premium SPT STS, SPT CBE, SPT BG, Sub, RA Mudflaps,GW3 235 45 17,front plate delete - DRIVING WINTER MODE

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    Apparently logic is over your head. My beater IS my DD. Why spend $25k on a DD when you can DD a $1500 beater?
    Why buy a $25k car, if you don't wanna drive it? Just buy the beater and be happy and you'll save all the money.
    Stink eye mob #682
    Money can't buy happiness. But it can buy race car parts.... that'll make me happy
    14 WRB WRX Hatch premium SPT STS, SPT CBE, SPT BG, Sub, RA Mudflaps,GW3 235 45 17,front plate delete - DRIVING WINTER MODE

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by velociraptor View Post
    Why buy a $25k car, if you don't wanna drive it? Just buy the beater and be happy and you'll save all the money.
    I have no idea why you quoted my post. That's what I've been saying the entire time.

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

Simple, you said in your previous post that you have nice LGT that you don't DD because its expensive. You have the LGT and then you ask "Why spend $25k on a DD when you can DD a $1500 beater?" My question was why did you buy that LGT if you did not want to drive it? You could have saved all the money.
    Stink eye mob #682

Ahhhhhhhhh!!
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by velociraptor View Post
    Simple, you said in your previous post that you have nice LGT that you don't DD because its expensive. You have the LGT and then you ask "Why spend $25k on a DD when you can DD a $1500 beater?" My question was why did you buy that LGT if you did not want to drive it? You could have saved all the money.
    Did you actually read the thread, or just pick and choose what posts to read? The LGT is my wife's car and she DDs it 8 months out of the year when I'm not on nights.

Drew,

I did read the entire thread including your posts. Probably I might have had a misunderstanding, but can you tell me what were you trying to conclude by your posts?

Should one buy a nice car and drive a beater for DD? or don't buy a nice car at all?
    Stink eye mob #682

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast