first subaru / accessport question
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on first subaru / accessport question within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi Guys, just bought a 2012 wrx with 15K. This is my first Subaru. Ive had mustang gt's and civic ...

first subaru / accessport question

Hi Guys, just bought a 2012 wrx with 15K. This is my first Subaru. Ive had mustang gt's and civic si's before but man am I impressed with this BEAST!! I just purchased a cobb sf intake with box and the accessport v3. What hp gains should i expect with these mods and will they be noticeable?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

btw its the 5-door hatch.

Welcome ! What GT did you have? 5.0 or the 4.6 modular? I know the Si motor is a nice one that revs upto 9k rpms.

I am waiting for my 2014 hatch. I figure the AP should give you a solid 15-20 % bump in HP/TQ. Try an exhaust too and you should see some action. Not sure how much will the stock exhuast can contribute with the back pressure goin on compared to a free flow. I am no subie expert so the gurus can chime in here

However, check out the Cobb website. They have a stage 2 package with a DP/ turbo back and V3.
    Stink eye mob #682
    Money can't buy happiness. But it can buy race car parts.... that'll make me happy
    07 Mazda 3 S Touring 5 MT - SOLD
    12 Charger R/T Red pearl triple coat , wheels and tunes group - SOLD
    14 WRB WRX Hatch premium SPT STS, SPT CBE, SPT BG, Sub, RA Mudflaps,front plate delete, KB shifter bushings , Tic Pivot bushings , Enkei RPF1s 17x8

Looking at the TQ curves I m thinking you should have more low end TQ than stock tune.
    Stink eye mob #682
    Money can't buy happiness. But it can buy race car parts.... that'll make me happy
    14 WRB WRX Hatch premium SPT STS, SPT CBE, SPT BG, Sub, RA Mudflaps,front plate delete, KB shifter bushings , Tic Pivot bushings , Enkei RPF1s 17x8

Sweet guys thanks. I had a 2004 gt 4.6 with x pipes, short ram intake, throttle body spacer and pulleys. The thing had a ridiculous amount of torque. Then came the 2009 si. Not a bad car, it had the high reving ivtec 2.0 engine but 0 torque lol. It was quick but I missed the power. I've had the wrx for about a month and so far so good. Except the ****ty paint. I guess the guy who owned it before me did some highway driving and the front has some nice rock chips. I'm talking bumper, hood and 2 on the roof. I didn't notice the dealer had washed the car and was ready to leave. Boy was I pissed. I contacted SOA about the crappy paint and I'm sure you guys know how that went. Lol they told me there's nothing they could do and my best option would be to go through my insurance.

From RWD to FWD.. that's a downgrade. I moved the other way - From a Mazda 3 to an R/T now. Huge difference. TQ is there at any rpm, and when you are speeding @80 mph, the V8 is revving only 1500 rpm.
    I will miss my hemi when my lease is done. But then I'll have the rex haha!!
    Stink eye mob #682

Ha!!! Gotta love the AWD though. Power right when you need it. Thing is a rocket from hell!!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.