Ordered 2014 WRB WRX
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Ordered 2014 WRB WRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just ordered 2014 WRB WRX Premium hatch. - STS - SPT CBE - boost gauge - arm rest ext - ...

Ordered 2014 WRB WRX

Just ordered 2014 WRB WRX Premium hatch.

- STS
    - SPT CBE
    - boost gauge
    - arm rest ext
    - bumper cover
    - sub ( i know its not great, but I thought I'd add it )

Arrival December 2013

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Is it too late to cancel the SPT stuff?

Not ragging on you at all, but for the money you can get much better stuff aftermarket.

But Welcome and Congrats

Congrats! With all the exhaust clips I heard my first choice is going to be the SPT when I purchase an exhaust. It seems to have a nice balance of that deep sound we all like without being too loud.

I haven't heard much about the arm rest extension? Is that supposed to give more height or be longer length wise?

Congrats! I am waiting my car and no fun at all
    2014 wrx hatch ism (re-ordered: 09/21/13): sport performance 1a/spt exhaust/fog light kit/cargo tray - off black/wheel locks/all weather floor mats
    2011 e90 328i
    2010 mini cooper s auto
    2008 mini cooper s 6-gear (sold)

Congrats on your order. I asked you a question in one of the other threads you posted in. As you can see I pasted it here.

Quote Originally Posted by velociraptor View Post
    My local dealer in MI is giving me this price beating a deal @ OH (240 miles away from home) over $130 base and over $300 premium. Let me know what you think. Putting a deposit tommorow

2014 wrx hatch
    Sts
    Exhaust spt
    Boost gauge

$25,850

After TTL with 1 yr tag $27,500
    Velo, could I please ask what dealership you are dealing with? I'm in Michigan as well. Feel free to PM me is you don't want to make it totally public. Per Edmunds.com invoice on a base Hatch with destination and zero options is $25,388. So for them to throw in a short shift kit, boost gauge, & cat-back SPT exhaust for an extra $662, it sounds like a deal I'd be happy with. There must be some dealer hold backs or incentives at play as well.

Just ordered 2014 WRB WRX Premium hatch.

- STS
    - SPT CBE
    - boost gauge
    - arm rest ext
    - bumper cover
    - sub ( i know its not great, but I thought I'd add it )

Arrival December 2013
    Congrats on the buy.
    I also picked up the 2014 waiting is a killer

Quote Originally Posted by S20002STI View Post
    Congrats! With all the exhaust clips I heard my first choice is going to be the SPT when I purchase an exhaust. It seems to have a nice balance of that deep sound we all like without being too loud.

I haven't heard much about the arm rest extension? Is that supposed to give more height or be longer length wise?
    I also ordered the SPT exhaust just for the nice balance of sound.
    ordered 8/10
    14 WRX SWP Sedan
    Fog lights, Short throw shifter, SPT Exhaust,

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    Is it too late to cancel the SPT stuff?

Not ragging on you at all, but for the money you can get much better stuff aftermarket.

But Welcome and Congrats
    Thank you !!

I know.. but warranty :-) and I have listened to SPT CBE and they seem to have a better deep tone. I drove a Rex with STS and liked it. I know aftermarket can give me better stuff for the money, but this one comes installed. so why get grease on your hands and also lose the warranty ? After the warranty, it will be replaced :-)

Quote Originally Posted by S20002STI View Post

Thanks man !
    Yeah, I liked the SPT as well. I drive a Charger R/T now. so I would prefer to keep my elbows on the armrest when for long trips or freeway cruise. The ext will increase the length. The stock one is not good enough.
    Last edited by velociraptor; 09-27-2013 at 04:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 7th District View Post
    Congrats on your order. I asked you a question in one of the other threads you posted in. As you can see I pasted it here.

Velo, could I please ask what dealership you are dealing with? I'm in Michigan as well. Feel free to PM me is you don't want to make it totally public. Per Edmunds.com invoice on a base Hatch with destination and zero options is $25,388. So for them to throw in a short shift kit, boost gauge, & cat-back SPT exhaust for an extra $662, it sounds like a deal I'd be happy with. There must be some dealer hold backs or incentives at play as well.
    Thanks man !
    You have to do some price shopping though. I sent you a PM. He told he gave me a deal because he did not want to see anyone driving a subie in his area with some other dealer's license plate . But check with him anyways.
    Last edited by velociraptor; 09-27-2013 at 04:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dknow View Post
    Congrats on the buy.
    I also picked up the 2014 waiting is a killer

I also ordered the SPT exhaust just for the nice balance of sound.
    ordered 8/10

Right on!

I know.. but warranty :-) and I have listened to SPT CBE and they seem to have a better deep tone. I drove a Rex with STS and liked it. I know aftermarket can give me better stuff for the money, but this one comes installed. so why get grease on your hands and also lose the warranty ? After the warranty, it will be replaced :-)
    Negative...catback won't result in a loss of warranty. Axlebacks and Catbacks are safe mods from a warranty standpoint. Just don't touch the downpipe or intake.

I was thinking about the SPT catback, but for the price and the fact that it's really not much louder than stock, I figured I'd get what I want and pay once.

If I wanted to add the arm rest extender to my order would that slow the order down? I placed it 8/19.

Is that something that can be installed easily later?

The arm rest is held on by 4 screws.. If you can't do it in 10 minutes, you shouldn't be allowed to use screwdrivers.
    It's cheaper on-line as well.

But if you want to add it to your order, it won't slow anything down.. It's not installed at the factory, it's installed at the dealership once they receive your car.

Quote Originally Posted by RichD514 View Post
    The arm rest is held on by 4 screws.. If you can't do it in 10 minutes, you shouldn't be allowed to use screwdrivers.
    It's cheaper on-line as well.
    Haha okay that's good to know! I didn't have any clue that's all there was to it. I will just order it and do it myself!

Any suggestions where the place to order is?
    If OEM is the best I can get 25% off but if there is something better I am open to suggestions.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast