New to the site, but not to subies!

This is a discussion on New to the site, but not to subies! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello all, this is my first post here on clubwrx, so just an introductory and a lil about myself. First ...

New to the site, but not to subies!

Hello all, this is my first post here on clubwrx, so just an introductory and a lil about myself. First off, my name is Matt, I live in western Maryland and have so for the most of my life, I currently drive a 2011 WRB hatchback WRX. But I have been in the subaru world for quite some time. Started back in 2007 with a brand new impreza 2.5i SE 5mt. At the time, I loved the car. Not really knowing much about cars at the time I decided to start modding away on my mighty mouse(huge waste of money on an n/a subaru, learned the hard way.) After a little over a year of owning it I had done, an injen cai, full exhaust with uel headers, pnp intake manifold, intake manifold spacers, throttle body spacers, coilovers(cheap ebay ones, never made that mistake again either), wrx seats, ebay front lip painted to match car, accessport, seibon wrx style carbon fiber hood, spt short throw, kartboy exhaust hangers, and a protune. I also installed all of these parts on my own, a good bit of trial and errorNow, I'd be lying if i said it wasnt pretty impressive for a 2.5 liter naturally aspirated suby, but the numbers it put out on the dyno tune...... well lets just say, nothing to write home about, and now I am on my 3rd wrx I realize my money actually now puts out some gains in power and torque. LOL. Sorry i would post pics of the old 2.5i, but i cant find any.

So, none the less, after doing loads of research on nasioc, I realized it was time to upgrade to a wrx. I returned my 2.5 back to stock and sold every part that i could. A few months later I found the car I wanted. A 2006 OBP wrx in mint condition, bone stock, with only 60k miles on the clock. Here are some pics, I did reuse some of the parts from my 2.5i, like the spt short throw and the seibon hood. So sorry none of these pics were pics of the rex in stock form, but after I had modded it to my liking. It had an invidia TBE, perrin SRI, ebay front and rear strut tower braces, perrin 22mm rear sway bar with adjustable endlinks, momo shift knob, kenwood in dash touch screen dvd player w/ gps, ksport kontrol pro coilovers, accessport and stage 2 map. I loved this car!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Well, unfortunately after a short lived 8 months or so with the car, I hit black ice on the interstate on the way to work and this is what happened. I luckily walked away with no injuries.

After a few months and settling everything with my insurance company, I was already itching for another wrx. Picked up a 2008 wrb hatch. Nothing really special was done with it, had xxr 522's, ksport kontrol pro coilovers, perrin fron strut brace, perrin cai, newer wrx/sti spoiler, sti back bumper with stock sti quad tip exhaust, and a short throw shifter. I forgot to upload the pics of my 08 to photobucket so later tomorrow i will add pics of it. After a year or so with that car I traded it in on a 2007 chevy avalanche. The reason I did that is because one of my other favorite past times is riding my motorcycle. (a 2011 gsxr 750) and wanted something to haul it with.

Well after only owning the truck for about 6 months it was killing me with gas and the constant itch of wanting another suby was always bothering me. I absolutely love the newer wide body wrx's. So after a couple months of searching I found a 2011 wrb hatch with only 20k on the clock and bone stock. So back in may I traded my avalanche in on this beauty. Mods so far are rally armour mud flaps, spt short throw with momo shift knob, perrin cai, and a 52mm prosport mechanical boost gauge. (not yet installed)

So, sorry for the long drawn out post. Just figured I'd give a thorough intro. Oh, and here is a pic of my bike also.

Nice. Is that a 600?

Quote Originally Posted by kritzell View Post
    Nice. Is that a 600?
    Thanks, and no. It's a 750.

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome! I have a Subie and a bike too..good combo!

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Poor hawkeye got smashed and replaced with an ugly fat pig
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by WRX-maniac View Post
    Thanks, and no. It's a 750.
    There's a motorcycle area buried in the "Off Topic" section of this site

Welcome! What do you think of the '11 compared to the hawkeye?
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    Welcome! What do you think of the '11 compared to the hawkeye?
    Well my hawkeye had a lil bit of work done to it. But the difference from the td04 to the vf52 is night and day. My 11 def pulls harder IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    Poor hawkeye got smashed and replaced with an ugly fat pig
    Lol, i know! I loved my hawkeye. It was nice. But dont be hatin' on the 11!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kritzell View Post
    There's a motorcycle area buried in the "Off Topic" section of this site
    Thanks I'll have to check that out!