Putting a deposit tommorow - need help !
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Putting a deposit tommorow - need help ! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Guys, I have been on NASIOC for a week for suggestions. Finally I have decided to go with 2014 WRX ...

Putting a deposit tommorow - need help !

Guys,

I have been on NASIOC for a week for suggestions. Finally I have decided to go with 2014 WRX after much thought. Currently drive a '12 Dodge Charger R/T now.I am putting my deposit tomorrow

2014 WRX hatch

SPT Short throw
    SPT exhaust + STi bushings
    SPT boost gauge

two questions which I need answers

-- I am torn between a base and a premium.. there is a 2470 difference between the final prices... is it worth getting the premium?
    Base with SPT goodies MI Tax OTD - 27,500
    Premium with SPT goodies MI tax OTD - 29,970

-- Should I get that little subwoofer under the seat? I don't want the Kicker as it will take the cargo space

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I would skip bushings and get kartboy bushings or something similar.

As for the boost gauge I decide against it since for the same price You can get a SMY cluster with a couple of prosport gauges and have a cleaner look (some people are not a fan of the brand but they have not been a problem for me).

I wouldn't bother with the sub you can get something else and since you have a hatch putting a sub box wont loose you too much room. If you must have all the room you can I think a low profile sub may be better then the once Subaru offers. You can also upgrade the HU to get better sound.

I like my Short throw shifter and SPT exhaust but others would argue for around the same price you can get a NVida, Magnaflow, etc.

As for the base vs premium you would be getting the sunroof which at time is wish I had (but thats what my bike is for). The heated seats would be nice depending on your location and from what I hear the fog lights are not the best out there but are really the only option for our cars at the moment without going custom.

One thing that I considered that was not on your list was the arm rest extension but I drive about 80miles a day and a comfort thing that I wanted. Good luck with your car. Also depending on your location you may want to consider investing on a set of snow tires.

Good luck and welcome
    Last edited by cflip2x; 09-25-2013 at 09:47 PM.
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    SPT is overpriced extras. Just get the base with no upgrades and use the money you saved on aftermarket parts.

Armrest extension - noted...Boost gauge. Sub dropped. Thanks for he tips. I live in MI.

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    I would skip all the SPT stuff, as well as the sub. For the price you can get MUCH better parts.

I have the sub in my car, I like it, and I like the "clean" look of it, other than that, I wish I'd have gotten everything else aftermarket. As far as the "premium"... i like my sunroof and heated seats, but it that way So I'd get the Premium, w/out any "extras"

Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    I would skip all the SPT stuff, as well as the sub. For the price you can get MUCH better parts.
    +1

factory 6" under seat in mine was powered by a 11 watt amp. so i did a free air 10" on a plate in the hatch with a 600watt kenwood amp where the factory under seat sub was, using the factory stereo still. much happier. and i still have all my hatch plus spare tire and tools, just not the little drop tray anymore. i can deal with that lol

sorry, terrible pic of the layout planning before recessing the sub so it sets flat. total cost? a amp wiring kit and half a sheet of 3/4"mdf and a afternoon. i already had the amp and sub from my old car so about 60$ after finishing with carpet. WAY more sound than the little under seat sub.
    Last edited by tirerob; 09-25-2013 at 10:21 PM.
    when my friends come up, i hear, "you sold the camarrrroooh.....HOLY BLEEP A WRX!"
    Ya has that effect on me too.
    Rob

Where did he go?? http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ll-thread.html

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by tirerob View Post
    +1

factory 6" under seat in mine was powered by a 11 watt amp. so i did a free air 10" on a plate in the hatch with a 600watt kenwood amp where the factory under seat sub was, using the factory stereo still. much happier. and i still have all my hatch plus spare tire and tools, just not the little drop tray anymore. i can deal with that lol

-snip-

sorry, terrible pic of the layout planning before recessing the sub so it sets flat. total cost? a amp wiring kit and half a sheet of 3/4"mdf and a afternoon. i already had the amp and sub from my old car so about 60$ after finishing with carpet. WAY more sound than the little under seat sub.
    Uh...how do you get that MDF to seal? It looks like dookie IMO. I've contemplated doing that before, but I'd do it out of fiberglass.

Quote Originally Posted by velociraptor View Post
    Armrest extension -
    You'd think it would be standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    SPT is overpriced extras. Just get the base with no upgrades and use the money you saved on aftermarket parts.

i wished i wouldve done that when i bought my car.
    JOE
    2013 WRX DGM
    Stink Eye Mob #82

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.