New to the bug eye - Page 2
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on New to the bug eye within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; She's all stock and there's my proof to the 17k well 18k haha... Oh yea please don't think that Honda ...

She's all stock and there's my proof to the 17k well 18k haha... Oh yea please don't think that Honda in the back is mine ha don't bash on me it's work
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Amazing find. How does it run and drive?

Can't find any problems with it at all. Don't know how normal it is but it doesn't really spool up until 4k. And every once in awhile the left front strut pops over bumps but nothing else!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow150 View Post
    Can't find any problems with it at all. Don't know how normal it is but it doesn't really spool up until 4k. And every once in awhile the left front strut pops over bumps but nothing else!!
    Stock bugeyes are known for turbo lag. I still love those cars though. Nice color
    **Stink-Eye Mob Member #96**

2013 Rex Hatch Rally Blue
    Crying over money spent on this car and my obsession with hi-fi/ audiophile goodies

"I would buy that car if I was the sort of person who looked at my sister and thought, mmmmmm." -Jeremy Clarkson, referencing the Ford Mustang

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    She's all stock and there's my proof to the 17k well 18k haha... Oh yea please don't think that Honda in the back is mine ha don't bash on me it's work
    FWIW, I'd buy a Honda before I ever bought another turbo Subaru. That car is a bit banged up. Are you sure the ODO hasn't been replaced ever? I know that Subaru paint isn't great and condition can be determined by where you live, but that bumper cover looks like it's been replaced and poorly painted. You also have a giant dent in your fender.

Quote Originally Posted by Zitro View Post
    Stock bugeyes are known for turbo lag. I still love those cars though. Nice color
    Uh...all turbo cars are? It's inherent with a turbo vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    Uh...all turbo cars are? It's inherent with a turbo vehicle.
    I am well aware all turbo cars experience turbo lag; but compared to other models, the early rex's are known for it. A lot of modern twin-scroll turbo cars have much less lag than a Bugeye Subie will stock. The Veloster Turbo and Focus ST have minimal lag from my drives.
    **Stink-Eye Mob Member #96**

2013 Rex Hatch Rally Blue
    Crying over money spent on this car and my obsession with hi-fi/ audiophile goodies

"I would buy that car if I was the sort of person who looked at my sister and thought, mmmmmm." -Jeremy Clarkson, referencing the Ford Mustang

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Zitro View Post
    I am well aware all turbo cars experience turbo lag; but compared to other models, the early rex's are known for it. A lot of modern twin-scroll turbo cars have much less lag than a Bugeye Subie will stock. The Veloster Turbo and Focus ST have minimal lag from my drives.
    But less =/= none.

OP, first order of business is to change out your UP. The catalytic converters are known to break apart and grenade engines.

Those fog lights look weird. Side marker is not stock either. Lets see some pics of the engine bay.
    Life is like riding a bicycle in order to keep your balance you must keep moving.

a couple of things

Quote Originally Posted by oguitar View Post
    Those fog lights look weird. Side marker is not stock either. Lets see some pics of the engine bay.
    I noticed this as well.

My old 03 WRX Wagon I bought new in 2002 didn't say Impreza on the tach...seems weird unless I am missing something.
    Ray
    2013 WRX Limited ISM
    2003 WRX Wagon (sold)
    2013 BMW X5 Diesel

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by WRXRayF View Post
    My old 03 WRX Wagon I bought new in 2002 didn't say Impreza on the tach...seems weird unless I am missing something.
    It might be a newer cluster.

Yea the guy who had it put halo fogs on it :/ and the car sat outside for about 6 years the guy said so the paints kind of iffy. Hoping its not a different cluster that would suck :/.. Any 03 wrx owners that can take a pic of theirs and see if it says impreza

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    From what I remember, my stock 02 WRX cluster had "Impreza" written on it..

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Yea the guy who had it put halo fogs on it :/ and the car sat outside for about 6 years the guy said so the paints kind of iffy. Hoping its not a different cluster that would suck :/.. Any 03 wrx owners that can take a pic of theirs and see if it says impreza
    Yes, it says Impreza.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

congrats!!!!!!

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.