New Here - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on New Here within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Welcome from NJ! I did my research as well and came to buy a '14 DGM hatch. I just received ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome from NJ!

I did my research as well and came to buy a '14 DGM hatch. I just received it last Monday. I can tell you until I'm blue in the face that this car is awesome (and it is), but you should seriously do your homework on it, all cars in its class, and other classes. Really ask yourself what you want out of your new car.

While the WRX is very fun, there are better cars out there for other purposes. If you want something that will be sporty, have a decent amount of utility, good in winter, you can tune if you so desire, relatively affordable, and relatively reliable (depending on your modding/tuning and how you drive it) then the WRX is a great choice. We're here to help. Search the forum or fire away with the questions.
    http://shiftinglanes.com
    '14 DGM WRX Limited Hatch
    I'm a build thread?
    Stink-eye Mob #49

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by ShiftingLanes View Post
    Welcome from NJ!

I did my research as well and came to buy a '14 DGM hatch. I just received it last Monday. I can tell you until I'm blue in the face that this car is awesome (and it is), but you should seriously do your homework on it, all cars in its class, and other classes. Really ask yourself what you want out of your new car.

While the WRX is very fun, there are better cars out there for other purposes. If you want something that will be sporty, have a decent amount of utility, good in winter, you can tune if you so desire, relatively affordable, and relatively reliable (depending on your modding/tuning and how you drive it) then the WRX is a great choice. We're here to help. Search the forum or fire away with the questions.
    Thanks for the welcome! That is exactly why I'm looking into getting a WRX. I've never owned an AWD or turbocharged car for that matter either. Just FWD naturally aspirated so far! I think the new WRX are one of the best looking wagons out there. I was very close to buying one not too long ago but didn't bite the bullet due to financial issues. I've been saving up for a used WRX since but it's really hard to find a decent one. I don't know if it's just my location or the time of the year but there aren't many WRX out there for sale and the ones that are for sale are modded and most likely molested.

I'll keep doing my homework and with the winter not too far away, I hope I'll find something soon.

By the way congrats on your new WRX! DGM and the satin white are in my opinion the best colors for the latest generation WRX.

Hi & welcome from the swamp that was once known as Colorado.

I've had my '13 sedan for about 6 weeks now. I did my homework and knew this was the car for me. I didn't even test drive one-- I bought it over the phone from California and had it shipped. When you know, you know. Don't let anything come between you achieving your goal.

-Nicole

I have been through a few sports cars. Now that I have a daughter I wanted something that would be a great family car but also a performance car. The WRX gives that performance with cheaper maintenance costs and upkeep than the STi.

Like Brazil I never test drove one either, but I know this is going to be a great car. I ordered a 2014 DGM Hatchback WRX coming hopefully before december but Dec. is the ETA.

Also I like this forum a heck of a lot better than Nasioc. People over here are a lot more helpful and friendly.

About to turn over 40K on my stock 2011 Limited. No reliability issues thus far. Tires and brakes are wearing well. It is a fun daily driver and is well cared for . I keep waiting for the transmission or engine to implode after reading some of the remarks on here however. Every time I hear any odd sound I'm crossing my fingers LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    he needs a car that is more buoyant.
    They kind of float.

Quote Originally Posted by kritzell View Post
    They kind of float.

Niiice

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    They float better than most other cars....Cause I'm an expert on a forum.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.