Air Ramp

This is a discussion on Air Ramp within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello - Just got a 2012 WRX 4 door - LOVE IT! Had a Jetta VR6 for 13 years before ...

Air Ramp

Hello -

Just got a 2012 WRX 4 door - LOVE IT!
    Had a Jetta VR6 for 13 years before this.
    Previous WRX owner installed a short throw shifter and SPT performance exhaust.
    I had a Jetta VR6 for 13 years before this.

My friend has an '05 STI. He made a mod to his air intake duct. He cut away part of the radiator shroud so the air intake could get more front end air. In addition, he has an air ramp that scpops more air and directs it to the air intake duct. He is not sure where he got the air ramp.
    Here are two photos:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Air Ramp - Front view.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	134.3 KB 
ID:	116047
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Air Ramp - Top view.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	88.1 KB 
ID:	116048

Any ideas as to where I can find an air ramp?

THANKS!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Congrats on the car. If you want get some Kydex and fab one up. Though I don't believe that one is needed. The stock snorkel should be more then enough. You may want to focus on getting a better flowing exhaust (downpipe) and a tune
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Thanks!!
    So should I even cut that piece off?

I Support ClubWRX
    I would just leave it alone its not doing any harm. if you want to mess with the car buy some Plasti Dip and get rid of the chrome window trim
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

I Support ClubWRX
    Leave the set up alone. That won't do you any good. Subaru knew what they were doing when they designed the stock intake. If you want an intake mod then buy an aftermarket cold air intake and get a proper tune for it.

Thanks 11blackSTI!

cflip2x - thanks! No chrome around my window.