Just ordered a wrx hatch!
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7

This is a discussion on Just ordered a wrx hatch! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys, I just ordered my first car: a white pearl 2014 wrx hatch! I started driving a my dads ...

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    18

    Just ordered a wrx hatch!

    Hey guys,

    I just ordered my first car: a white pearl 2014 wrx hatch!

    I started driving a my dads 87 land cruzer and after getting a full ride to college they bought me a 01 bmw 330i with 70k miles... Now 7 years later it has 150k and counting! I love that car but in college I started getting into camping and mountain biking and I just feel bad taking it on all the fire, rock and dirt roads. Plus repairs0 are starting to cost more then what its worth.

    I was originally looking at trucks and almost bought a Toyota Tacoma TRD sport. Lucky for me the dealer jacked us around for about 4 hours and while we waiting my dad suggested I test drive a 2012 wrx sedan they had on the lot. The sales guy obviously had no idea what it was and made the mistake of telling me to "test out the power".... The rest was history. I came back with the biggest smile and a very rattled car sales man.

    I have always wanted a wrx/sti but that was the first time I actually got to drive one. I still plan on purchasing a Tacoma eventually but I'm very glad I decided not to get one as my only vehicle.

    Here are some pictures of the bmw since it will be a LONG wait for my wrx.


    After driving thought a snow storm (scary **** for a rwd car on sport tires)


    Drift trikes!









    Last edited by sumone; 09-07-2013 at 11:38 AM.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Registered User Zitro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    329
    Nice Bimmer! Sounds like you are moving to the Rex though for very similar reasons to me; there is a lot of outdoor activities to do here in Washington, and the Rex is the perfect enthusiast car that still fits this lifestyle! It will be a long wait, but worth it. I got my '13 over a month ago, but I still smile like a kid in a candy store while driving it.
    **Stink-Eye Mob Member #96**

    2013 Rex Hatch Rally Blue
    Crying over money spent on this car and my obsession with hi-fi/ audiophile goodies

    "I would buy that car if I was the sort of person who looked at my sister and thought, mmmmmm." -Jeremy Clarkson, referencing the Ford Mustang

  4. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by Zitro View Post
    Nice Bimmer! Sounds like you are moving to the Rex though for very similar reasons to me; there is a lot of outdoor activities to do here in Washington, and the Rex is the perfect enthusiast car that still fits this lifestyle! It will be a long wait, but worth it. I got my '13 over a month ago, but I still smile like a kid in a candy store while driving it.
    haha thanks! Yep, the AWD and 5th door are really what appeal to me the most... plus the power and aftermarket/ fallowing is a very pig plus! After owning the bmw and a honda 600rr I told my self I will never buy any car with out a big online/forum fallowing.

    I forgot to list the "Mods" I am already planning out lol. I'm going to try and resist actual modifications that "may" void my warranty for as long as I can.. but we will see how long I can hold out.

    First things will be:

    de-badge, 20% window tint, 3m clear bra, mud flaps, gorilla off road light bar and skid plate, new feet for my roof rack, brighter headlights (h9 conversion?), all season or maybe dedicated winter set up and of course the ever popular plasti dip lol.....

    after that we will see what happens.

  5. #4
    Registered User Zitro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    329
    Quote Originally Posted by sumone View Post
    haha thanks! Yep, the AWD and 5th door are really what appeal to me the most... plus the power and aftermarket/ fallowing is a very pig plus! After owning the bmw and a honda 600rr I told my self I will never buy any car with out a big online/forum fallowing.

    I forgot to list the "Mods" I am already planning out lol. I'm going to try and resist actual modifications that "may" void my warranty for as long as I can.. but we will see how long I can hold out.

    First things will be:

    de-badge, 20% window tint, 3m clear bra, mud flaps, gorilla off road light bar and skid plate, new feet for my roof rack, brighter headlights (h9 conversion?), all season or maybe dedicated winter set up and of course the ever popular plasti dip lol.....

    after that we will see what happens.
    Sounds like a good build. The Gorilla bar is something I likely will do in the near future too, along with Hella Horns. I love the look. Similar to this one, but I prefer only 2 lights.
    Gorilla Offroad Company: Light Bar and Skidplate - NASIOC
    **Stink-Eye Mob Member #96**

    2013 Rex Hatch Rally Blue
    Crying over money spent on this car and my obsession with hi-fi/ audiophile goodies

    "I would buy that car if I was the sort of person who looked at my sister and thought, mmmmmm." -Jeremy Clarkson, referencing the Ford Mustang

  6. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by Zitro View Post
    Sounds like a good build. The Gorilla bar is something I likely will do in the near future too, along with Hella Horns. I love the look. Similar to this one, but I prefer only 2 lights.
    Gorilla Offroad Company: Light Bar and Skidplate - NASIOC
    I have a Hella horn on my sport bike and HOLY CRAP is it loud... I do love that look so I'm definetly adding it to my list lol.

    I plan on going with two on the bottom like to act as fogs and a led light bar across the top for instant daylight!

    This is will be my DD/ do every thing car (least for a while) so protecting the car and safety are my top priorities off the bat. Plus I think a "rally spec" wrx looks damn good lol.

    I only wished that the light bar extended further to the sides to double as a brush guard.
    Last edited by sumone; 09-07-2013 at 12:26 PM.

  7. #6
    Registered User wrxnguyen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    714 Orange County
    Posts
    329
    Would the skid plate be considered more dangerous and have a higher risk for hydro plane?

  8. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    18
    I don't think so. My BMW has one (although it's plastic) and it has never tried to hydroplane even with bald sport tires, torrential down poor and freeway speeds.

    But that is something ill look into.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •